Armand Nicolet L11 strap size?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nokie

Thread: Armand Nicolet L11 strap size?

Armand Nicolet L11 strap size?

Hi all,

I'm currently considering the Armand Nicolet L11 in blue (Jomashop link) and would like to also get a blue strap to go with it. Jomashop and other sellers list the strap as 23mm, but the Armand Nicolet site only lists 22mm & 24mm, with the L11 in the 24mm size. The strap I'd like (leather or even alligator) is only in 22mm. I know I've seen the L11 in blue leather, but it's not listed in the 24mm size.

So, the question: what's going on? Will the 22mm strap look bad on the L11? Is 23mm correct and either would work? Is there another blue leather strap for the L11 I'm missing?

Thanks for any and all help!

Scott

Re: Armand Nicolet L11 strap size?

Generally speaking 24mm strap will work better with 23mm lug width than 22mm strap. But the best option would be 23mm strap and as far as I can see you can use pretty much any regular strap with the watch in question. There are 23mm straps on the market although the selection is more limited. And unless you especially want an OEM strap for some reason (their prices for alligator embossed calf strap are outrageous even with a deployment buckle) you can easily order a custom one for the same money or even less from various strap makers.

I agree that their alligator embossed strap is ridiculously priced. So it sounds like both sources of information could be true: the lugs are 23mm but the strap is 24mm, and that I could find a quality 23mm strap that would work cheaper and better. Thanks!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If you have an uneven lug size, always better to go up than down, IMHO.

Example- 24mm strap on 23mm lugs, NOT a 22mm strap on 23mm lugs.
    WatchObsession likes this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Thread Information