Band for Citizen Eco-Drive Skyhawk JR3125: Advice?

Thread: Band for Citizen Eco-Drive Skyhawk JR3125: Advice?

Band for Citizen Eco-Drive Skyhawk JR3125: Advice?

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie on this forum. I'm not a watch expert by any means, so take it easy on me. :)

I got a Citizen Eco-Drive Skyhawk JR3125 (at least, that's what google tells me it is) a long time ago as a birthday present, and I have loved the watch ever since and wear it all the time.

The only downside is the band. It looks like this:

Name:  mbwbj17KIfuQKE9y-lmNitw.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  8.5 KB

The black rudder pieces are prone to getting dislodged from the rest of the strap, especially if I bend my wrist at a large angle (like if I'm reaching awkwardly to pick something up, or when I'm putting on a backpack). Usually, I notice it before it completely falls off and can snap the rubber piece back on (in fact, it's almost a habit for me to frequently check my watch for this). But, every once in a while I lose a piece and have to replace it.

I've been looking around online a lot recently. I can find replacement bands, but they're around $90-$100 (for me, that seems a bit high, but I'm not sure how much these types of things usually go for), and there's no promise that I won't have the same problem again. I'm wondering if I should go for a different band (like maybe a metal or leather one), but I'm not sure what would work/fit with my watch (both in terms of mechanically fitting and in terms of looking nice).

Do you guys have any advice on how to remedy the problem I have with my band, or other bands to try, or just general advice on how to choose a band for a watch? Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    mathwiz

Re: Band for Citizen Eco-Drive Skyhawk JR3125: Advice?

Usually a watch has a simple straight opening between the two parallel lugs, the gap measuring 20mm or 22mm. This makes for a somewhat universal fit for straight end bracelets and straps. As far as I can see, your watch is different, having what we call an integrated bracelet. This means the bracelet and case were designed together as one and no off the shelf strap or bracelet is going to fit there. The lugs are thick and angled.

So what I did was expand my search to include other Skyhawk watches (Citizen has been making this series for decades, so there are a lot of Skyhawk variations out there). From what I can see, there are quite a few steel or titanium bracelets from the Skyhawk line that appear to have the same integrated design, especially from the JR3000 and JR3060 series and some versions of the titanium or steel Blue Angels series. I've also seen some leather straps designed for your integrated case. If you see a Skyhawk with an integrated design bracelet (no end pieces between the case and bracelet) with a design that you like, you could either order that bracelet from a Citizen dealer, or look on the various watch private sales posts and buy one of those watches. The best part is you don't even need a working watch, since you're just going for the bracelet. You could even list a WTB (Wanted to buy) ad saying you're looking for one piece from several models of Skyhawk, and the watch doesn't even need to be running.

Name:  JR3090-58LL-3.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  98.9 KB
    "Try SCE to AUX"

Dennis Smith

24 Hour Forum Moderator

2010 AirNautic Early Bird (#1&#50)

Rolex GMT Master II Pepsi
    Custom-dialed Ginault Ocean Rover
    Glycine Airman
    Zodiac White Wolf