Band recommendation for my new watch
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NickNCut

Thread: Band recommendation for my new watch

Band recommendation for my new watch

I just got my watch back from restoration and want a new band for it. I did not know the band size and when it was being repaired I thought I wanted dark brown, but now I think I want a medium brown. I guess I don't know what I want. Here is the watch and the bands I am considering. Zaf at Classic Watch was kind enough to put the current strap on it. I think the black band is going on a old Gruen Curvex and will get a new band for the JLC. Let me know if any of them grab you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Band recommendation for my new watch

I like both of the lizzards. Probably the darker of the two if I was forced to choose. I think it really belongs on a vintage looking exotic.

Sponsor

Personally, I like the look of the last strap, Hirsch Siena and think it would look perfect on the watch.
    " Started as a hobby.....but is now clearly a WatchObsession and the day job !!"

http://www.WatchObsession.co.uk

Official Stockist of straps from many brands including

HIRSCH, DI-MODELL, RIOS1931, JPM, CRAFTER BLUE, ZEALANDE, ERIKA's ORIGINALS, ISOFRANE and more

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

This one. They are all nice, but that looks like a great strap for your watch, IMHO.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Thank you all for your input.

Nokie that is the strap I originally picked. Before I sent it out for repair I measured it with a ruler and thought it was a 15 mm (it is actually 16mm). I meant to get the caliper from the garage to be sure but forgot until it was in the mail. The choices in 15mm were a lot less than 16mm. The band you like was not available in 15mm. That is when I thought the lizard would be perfect.

WatchObsession, sorry I don't know your name. How shiny is the Siena? It looks like it has a bit of shine but not real shiny, I don't want real shiny. Is it worth the extra money for the higher grade leather. I don't mind the price but don't want to spend money on something that isn't really that different from the standard. Also, do you ship to the states?

My vote is for option 1 or 2.

Theirs a lot going on with the watch case and dial. The lugs, markers and numbers all have an art deco feel to them. Best to frame all that style and offset it with a simple band in a color that matches (option 1) or complements (option 2) the inner dial.

Too fancy a band texture (the two alligator options) or shiney a band (the last option) would, in my opinion, be too much to take in all at once when looking at the watch on someone wrist at a dinner table or in passing.

Nice Watch and Good Taste on the Straps.
    personally I like Straps with Stitches . so my choice would be the 1st two Straps (don't care much for the last one)..
    The Emotion is Aroused by Something Marvelous. Gazed with Wonder.

Pink Floyd in Pilot Suits... oh, LOVE The Band.

Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by NickNCut View Post
    Thank you all for your input.

Nokie that is the strap I originally picked. Before I sent it out for repair I measured it with a ruler and thought it was a 15 mm (it is actually 16mm). I meant to get the caliper from the garage to be sure but forgot until it was in the mail. The choices in 15mm were a lot less than 16mm. The band you like was not available in 15mm. That is when I thought the lizard would be perfect.

WatchObsession, sorry I don't know your name. How shiny is the Siena? It looks like it has a bit of shine but not real shiny, I don't want real shiny. Is it worth the extra money for the higher grade leather. I don't mind the price but don't want to spend money on something that isn't really that different from the standard. Also, do you ship to the states?
    PM sent, thanks Gary
    " Started as a hobby.....but is now clearly a WatchObsession and the day job !!"

http://www.WatchObsession.co.uk

Official Stockist of straps from many brands including

HIRSCH, DI-MODELL, RIOS1931, JPM, CRAFTER BLUE, ZEALANDE, ERIKA's ORIGINALS, ISOFRANE and more

allBands.pdfThank you all again for your input. I guess I should not sweat it so much, it is just band and can be changed. It is just important to me to get it right for my dad's watch.

Panerai, I think you nailed something I did not consider. I was picking bands I liked and not bands that will compliment this watch. I think you are right the lizard pattern does compete with the watch, a plain band lets the watch speak for itself.

Tony, thank you for your kind words, I generally don't like shiny bands, but if it is only slightly shiny, I may change my mind for this one.

I do graphics for a living, so I redid my choices on the watch and this is my order as of now. I really thought number 2 would be number 1 but in my eyes this is how I like them. I think #4 should be a contestant, but I never had a watch with a band that light and need to wrap my head around it first. My wife likes the lizard, that is why it is still in the running.

Sorry I should have previewed my last post to see that the image was a link and not in the post.

I am probably bending some copyright laws here. So I wanted to thank Hirsch Straps and Watch Obsession for the images and will gladly remove them if my altering them and reposting is a problem.

Name:  AllBandsLow.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  106.6 KB
    Pallet Spoon likes this.

Thread Information