Barton Canvas Strap - Be careful
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Barton Canvas Strap - Be careful

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Barton Canvas Strap - Be careful

Hey guys,

Just wanted to post a small feedback on my recent purchase of Barton straps. Nothing to say about leather and silicon straps, however, out of the three canvas straps that I ordered, two are literally different straps than the one on their websites photos.

Here is what I purchased on the website:

Name:  nantucket-blue-crafted-canvas-canvas-quick-release-barton-watch-bands-805064.progressive (1).jpg
Views: 148
Size:  218.1 KB

And here is what I received:
    Name:  S__17465355.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  271.9 KB

1. Stitching is dark blue instead of a similar blue from the strap itself
    2. Stitching around the holes are light blues, instead of being of a similar color to the strap, again
    3. The stitching on the top is not even straight

Same thing with the green strap.

Anyone experienced something similar with Barton or another watch bands store? I emailed them but this being an international purchase via DHL Express, I would just lose money sending them back. Will tell you their reaction here.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Barton Canvas Strap - Be careful

I deleted your post on Public. One post should do the trick don‘t you think ?

If a post isn‘t getting enough attention here there‘s no reason to post it in another forum.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
    schumacher62 likes this.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Sorry to hear about your purchase. At least it wasn't an expensive lesson learned. To me it doesn't look that bad, even though the stitching is crooked. If they don't exchange it, just wear it as is. I've had good experiences with Zuludiver straps from WatchGeko that are inexpensive.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ludovic024 View Post
    I emailed them but this being an international purchase via DHL Express, I would just lose money sending them back. Will tell you their reaction here.

I don’t understand why you would post this without seeing what they’ll do first.
    Sebast975 likes this.

duc

More nitpickery, but the on line version threading is also crooked. Yours is a little worse, but the one on line shows the threading starting (in one corner) on one line of fabric and crossing two by the time it terminates in the other corner.

I posted this without getting their answer first simply because no matter what they decide to do (exchange/return/nothing), it doesn't change the fact that this is what I received. I think people who are thinking of buying their straps should be made aware of that.

As I say in my post, I also ordered a silicon and a leather and I did say I had no issues with these. However, I said that too early... Here is a photo of the strap and of my wrist after one morning wearing it:

Name:  S__17465361.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  233.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_6235.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  1.59 MB

As you can see, the colour kind of "leaked" (don't know what the proper term is) on my arm? Personally never had this kind of issue in the past. So yeah, wouldn't recommend canvas nor would I recommend their leather straps, stick to silicon if you really want Barton.

Speaking of their reply, it is also non-existent so far after 48 hours (non including weekend), while they clearly state on their website that they reply within 24hours to anyone contacting them so... Also sent them a message on Facebook, it says it is read but no one has replied either.
    indiana_holmes likes this.

Sweet Buttery Jesus.

Still no news from their customer service by the way.

I must be honest though, I still really like their silicon strap, in fact I am wearing it right now. But their other straps are a no go and the customer service so far just non existent.

I was just checking Watchbandit where I usually buy my Eulit perlon straps, and I got curious and had a look at their canvas straps, and oh boy... Look what I found:
    Name:  WB-Orgiginal_Canvas_Front_Blue.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  555.9 KB

This is the exact same strap that I received, except that contrary to Barton, the photo is accurate (stitching color etc). Of course the buckle is different.

So... Dropshipping? Probably just made in the same factory, and put a different buckle on it? That means I will never buy an Watchbandit "original" straps and stick to Eulit :D

Aaaaand here we are:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 10.49.59 AM.png
Views: 118
Size:  1.02 MB
    Phil G likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information