Best bracelet for seiko skx007?

Thread: Best bracelet for seiko skx007?

Best bracelet for seiko skx007?

I've been hearing a lot of good reviews of the seiko skx007 and decided to pick one up. Now wearing the watch I must agree with others that it does come with a cheaper bracelet:( what aftermarket bracelet do you recommend? I prefer the jubilee Style.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Best bracelet for seiko skx007?

Strapcode.com

The Super Engineer would be one suggestion, but they carry a nice selection of much better aftermarkets bracelets for Seikos you can review.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

This was my first watch purchase. I have bought and sold "nicer" watches because I wear this one and realize it is better. Basically, I won't keep a watch that costs more than the the SKX007 if I like it less. This is proving to be a tough threhold indeed, and I love it! I bought mine on the jubilee (and overpaid for it at $240 on Amazon, now that I know i could get it for about half that on ebay) and later bought the rubber strap. I like to switch between those two occasionally to keep things fresh.

I agree with you and others--the only thing I have liked more on the nicer watches is the bracelet. I will probably upgrade some time soon and will take a look at that Super Engineer. I also put a display case back on mine. I like it but in retrospect it doesn't do that much for me and I didn't have a new gasket to put on, used the old one, and am now a little bit worried each time I swim with it. But oh well! I can get a new one for $120 if need be so I'll take my chances!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    Strapcode.com

The Super Engineer would be one suggestion, but they carry a nice selection of much better aftermarkets bracelets for Seikos you can review.

Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daddisboi View Post
    I've been hearing a lot of good reviews of the seiko skx007 and decided to pick one up. Now wearing the watch I must agree with others that it does come with a cheaper bracelet:( what aftermarket bracelet do you recommend? I prefer the jubilee Style.

Thanks
    If you prefer the Jubilee style, then the Strapcode Super Jubilee would be the next step in an aftermarket bracelet for your SKX007.

Name:  seiko skx007 dagaz blk blu bezel insert strapcode super jubilee bracelet  062816.jpg
Views: 793
Size:  288.7 KBName:  seiko skx007 yobokies small ss bezel insert strapcode super jubilee bracelet 101815.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  228.2 KB
    Last edited by EXCALIBUR1; September 14th, 2016 at 00:05.
    EXCALIBUR1

Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?

Quote Originally Posted by curtisnb View Post
    I also put a display case back on mine. I like it but in retrospect it doesn't do that much for me and I didn't have a new gasket to put on, used the old one, and am now a little bit worried each time I swim with it. But oh well! I can get a new one for $120 if need be so I'll take my chances!
    Did you do this yourself, or have it done? I'm looking at an SKXA35, and the stock case back is one of the only negatives (along with hacking and handwinsing)...

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Pizzle View Post
    Did you do this yourself, or have it done? I'm looking at an SKXA35, and the stock case back is one of the only negatives (along with hacking and handwinsing)...
    I did it myself. Took some serious torque to get the stock case back off but succeeded without damage. Have hopped in the pool with it multiple times and still dry inside so I think it went smoothly. I bought my display case back off ebay from a dr.seikostain. Went for the brushed stainless with blue AR hardex-type crystal. Looks great in contrast to the polished case. Definitely made the watch sit a little higher overall though.

Sidenote--buying from him was a really pleasant experience for a variety of reasons. He claims to custom-machine the parts himself and sent me a cool map of his town in Poland as well as a black and white photo taken through the display case of an old rock wall and building. Unexpected, weird, and kind of awesome.

Thread Information