Best rubber or similar material strap?

Thread: Best rubber or similar material strap?

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Northern Colorado
    Posts
    478

    Best rubber or similar material strap?

    In searching for a 22mm. strap for my Seiko SNDA65, I went to a couple of the watchband sites. They are "rich" in information, but not the simple, direct kind I seek. My eyes glazed over, so I am turning here for help.

    What material, brand, design or any other specific should I consider when looking for a black band that will not absorb moisture? A plus would be something that I can buy oversize, perhaps 24mm, and notch to fit the lugs.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Member Bwana1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Deep in the Timber
    Posts
    2,751

    Re: Best rubber or similar material strap?

    Based on your intended budget, ISOfrane at the high end,,,,and a great quality at the price point Hadley Roma or Bonetto Cinturini 281
    "Picking the lesser of 2 evils...is still evil"

    Doxa 800TI Pro & 600T Pro & DivingStar
    Damasko DA45 & DA36 & DC56
    Muhle Glasutte SAR
    Citizen PMT56-27"Tough" & PMU56-23"Ray Mears"
    Marathon GSAR
    --Helson Shark Diver40
    Omega SMP & 120m Baby Ploprof & AT 2500 & AT Railmaster
    Tutima DI300 & Pilot FX--Oris BC Regulator--Aquadive BS100 Bronze
    Halios Tropik B green
    --Hamilton Navy Diver
    Jorg Schauer Kleine Durowe & Kulisse Ed. 12




  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Northern Colorado
    Posts
    478

    Re: Best rubber or similar material strap?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bwana1 View Post
    Based on your intended budget, ISOfrane at the high end,,,,and a great quality at the price point Hadley Roma or Bonetto Cinturini 281
    Thanks. I found the sites. Which material would you suggest, particularly in the context of my wanting to notch it?

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member Bwana1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Deep in the Timber
    Posts
    2,751

    Re: Best rubber or similar material strap?

    Quote Originally Posted by Godan View Post
    Thanks. I found the sites. Which material would you suggest, particularly in the context of my wanting to notch it?
    Rubber or silicone compounds notch about the same,,,,maybe notch a cheap one first, to practice on...then step your game up with a better quality strap.

    There are also a number of straps that come pre-notched, designed for Seiko's style.
    Last edited by Bwana1; March 29th, 2014 at 21:51.
    "Picking the lesser of 2 evils...is still evil"

    Doxa 800TI Pro & 600T Pro & DivingStar
    Damasko DA45 & DA36 & DC56
    Muhle Glasutte SAR
    Citizen PMT56-27"Tough" & PMU56-23"Ray Mears"
    Marathon GSAR
    --Helson Shark Diver40
    Omega SMP & 120m Baby Ploprof & AT 2500 & AT Railmaster
    Tutima DI300 & Pilot FX--Oris BC Regulator--Aquadive BS100 Bronze
    Halios Tropik B green
    --Hamilton Navy Diver
    Jorg Schauer Kleine Durowe & Kulisse Ed. 12




  6. #5
    Member brandon\'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    11,420

    Re: Best rubber or similar material strap?

    I would recommend Bonetto Cinturini. All of their straps are real rubber, also called caoutchouc. Bonetto Cinturini is a manufacturer and there are other manufacturers that make real rubber straps. I have a Hirsch Pure that I really like.

    But you want to look for real rubber or caoutchouc. Silicon is very pliable and comfortable, but is a FREAKING dust magnet. If a silicone strap is black, you will see every single speck of dust on it.

    Of course real rubber straps are a more expensive, but I think it's worth it.
    "Oh, nice. So now we're quoting other people to sound deep." -alx007

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Northern Colorado
    Posts
    478

    Re: Best rubber or similar material strap?

    Quote Originally Posted by brandon\ View Post
    I would recommend Bonetto Cinturini. All of their straps are real rubber, also called caoutchouc. Bonetto Cinturini is a manufacturer and there are other manufacturers that make real rubber straps. I have a Hirsch Pure that I really like.

    But you want to look for real rubber or caoutchouc. Silicon is very pliable and comfortable, but is a FREAKING dust magnet. If a silicone strap is black, you will see every single speck of dust on it.

    Of course real rubber straps are a more expensive, but I think it's worth it.
    Dust is a factor, since I am kind of a neat freak. The Bonetto Cinturini site is pretty rich, but I'll work through it. Thanks.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Northern Colorado
    Posts
    478

    Re: Best rubber or similar material strap?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bwana1 View Post
    Rubber or silicone compounds notch about the same,,,,maybe notch a cheap one first, to practice on...then step your game up with a better quality strap.

    There are also a number of straps that come pre-notched, designed for Seiko's style.
    Bwana: Could you point me toward any particular brands that come pre-notched for Seikos? A 24mm notched to fit 22mm lugs would be my goal. Experience suggests that even with practice, doing it myself would be a distant second choice to buying one. Thanks.

  9. #8
    Member Nokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Marin County, CA
    Posts
    28,045

    Re: Best rubber or similar material strap?

    I would recommend Bonetto Cinturini.
    I second that recommendation.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

    "The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •