Best Rubber Straps Available?

Thread: Best Rubber Straps Available?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best Rubber Straps Available?

What are considered to be the best rubber dive straps available, money aside? I've heard there are some great brands out there (not watch brands) but have had difficulty locating them. Could anyone point me to some really quality rubber strap makers? Also, would prefer rubber as opposed to silicone as the debris that seems to accumulate on silicone straps that I've owned was kind of annoying. Thanks in advance for any pointers!

Re: Best Rubber Straps Available?

No-one? :oops:

I prefer the silicone in most cases as it is softer. It does collect dust and fibers though, you are correct. I think for 24mm straps, Enzo has the best and also the Ocean7 ones are fantastic.

For 22mm and 20mm I'm up in the air. I have some Oris style straps that have been very good. Don Ginsler has them. Also Panatime I think may have them.

Jason at Thornton Park Watches has some lesser priced straps that aren't bad. I wish his deployant styled ones had nicer hardware though as the double deployant clasps are not quite as robust as others I have seen.

Ball makes a very nice rubber strap for their watches but I felt they were a little stiff and so didn't quite fit me right. Great designs but odd sizes, 21mm, and quite costly. I want to love the one I got for my Night Train and Master Diver II COSC but I just can't seem to bond with it because of the fit. It wants to roll around my wrist rather than sit on my wrist...

Panerai makes a nice 22mm silicone strap but it is tapers to a rather thin end.

UTS has a nice soft strap as does Marathon however, they were a little too plain for my taste.

Straps UK has some nice ones too. Their Tyre Treads are pretty good.

The fitted straps from the Sinn for the U1 and 757 are very very nice. But they are made for the specific watches.
    Last edited by Peter Atwood; January 7th, 2008 at 21:12.
    Rotating on my wrist this month: Stowa Blue WatchTime Flieger, Sinn EZM9, Sinn T1, Sinn 556 Blue, Stowa Antea LE Polish Forums, Stowa Verus 40, Damasko DS30 greenie, Sinn U1, Stowa Antea Klassik KS Rose, Nomos Tangente Silvercut

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Peter. The difficulty seems to be find good ones that don't have another watchmaker's logo all over them. I've found some nice ones with the Bell & Ross or Panerai logos on but...

What width do you want?

Globalwatchbands is another source. Watch Prince is another.
    Rotating on my wrist this month: Stowa Blue WatchTime Flieger, Sinn EZM9, Sinn T1, Sinn 556 Blue, Stowa Antea LE Polish Forums, Stowa Verus 40, Damasko DS30 greenie, Sinn U1, Stowa Antea Klassik KS Rose, Nomos Tangente Silvercut

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Atwood View Post
    What width do you want?

Globalwatchbands is another source. Watch Prince is another.
    Well, looking for 22mm for my CSAR. Also thinking to mod a 26mm to 22mm as Ted did for me on the Kevlar Dive strap. Had a look at all the ones in the retailer sticky and didn't see much in any of them. Hirsch has got a couple that have caught my eye, tho.

I know you said you checked the retailer sticky and weren't interested, but one of my favorites is from thewatchprince and I wear it on my TAG over the bracelet most of the time. It is a little stiff at first, but ends up molding nice to your wrist shape. It also has the vanilla scent as well as a deployment buckle. I also like the fact that it is about 4mm thick! I have the 20mm version, but am thinking of getting the 22 for my Seastar 1000. The only drawback is that is tapers down and your CSAR is a chunky boy that probably wants to wear a chunky strap.

Anyways, I digress...http://www.thewatchprince.com/s.nl/i...8&category=795

"Hunt Hard, Kill Swiftly, Waste Nothing, Offer No Apologies"

Quote Originally Posted by outstretchedhands View Post
    Well, looking for 22mm for my CSAR. Also thinking to mod a 26mm to 22mm as Ted did for me on the Kevlar Dive strap. Had a look at all the ones in the retailer sticky and didn't see much in any of them. Hirsch has got a couple that have caught my eye, tho.

I use Ocean7's PloProf Strap on several big divers.
    It's made for 24mm, but easily fits 22mm with no modification.
    It's the most comfortable strap I've come across.
    http://www.ocean7watchco.com/watches...f52ee7750a3bb2
    "Yes I am a pirate, two hundred years too late
    The cannons dont thunder, theres nothin to plunder
    Im an over-forty victim of fate
    Arriving too late, arriving too late"

I want a 26mm Rubber Dive Strap like the ploprof strap for my B&R BR02. Who has 26mm Straps besides Panerai?
    What I Know Is Dwarfed By What I Pretend To Know

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information