Best single pass seatbelt Nato? - Page 2
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Best single pass seatbelt Nato?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Best single pass seatbelt Nato?

This thread got me thinking about what I don’t like about the seatbelt.

On the two I have the seatbelt must be made for 67mm Invictas...

I shortened the seatbelt to fit the watch, and it doesn’t feel nearly as thick now..

Before....

After...

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 7.00.42 PM.png
Views: 99
Size:  434.7 KB

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Crown and Buckle single pass supreme natos. Besides the comfort, I love that it is long enough so that I can tuck it through both keepers.
    AngelDeVille likes this.
    Omega Speedmaster Professional hesalite, Halios Seaforth pastel/sapphire/date, Halios Seaforth abyss/12-hour/no date, Borealis Estoril blue/big triangle/no date, Nomos Metro Datum Gangreserve.

The 'seatbelt' nato's I like most are those sold by Watchgecko and Bark and Jack.

The things I look for: Length of the strap (a lot are too small for my big wrists), quality of the stitching, quality of the hardware and how hard wearing it is (tendency to fray). But another important aspect are the colors that are available.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Anyone tried the straps from Vario? Quality looks great (weave and hardware appear to be very similar too BluShark's AlphaShark line...like, very possibly the exact same stuff from the same factory), brushed or black hardware, and the price is really good. Not a ton of color options though.

https://vario.sg/collections/seat-belt-nato-strap

Example:

AngelDeVille likes this.

Good post topic. I don't like the "fly-back" straps - single pass-through all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasropakis View Post
    Haveston... unfortunately don't have that many colour options
    I have one of their carrier ones. I ordered the bead blasted one for my son's SNK809 but they sent the polished steel one instead, and I couldn't get a response from them about refunding or exchanging. So it's virtually unused. But it looks neat.

Quote Originally Posted by shadash View Post
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned Crown and Buckle single pass supreme natos. Besides the comfort, I love that it is long enough so that I can tuck it through both keepers.
    Those are good.

Also try Bertucci's bands (oh, and their watches kick ass too). The olive drab one that came with my A-1S is killer ("Nylon B-Type Heavy Duty Zulu"). Nice and thick, comfortable, durable, and it dries out very fast. Looks great too - I hate all those stripey ones people wear, so the rugged yet subtle ones are best for me. Pricey at $30, but I see this thing lasting decades with regular wear & tear. I've had it for a while now and it still looks and behaves like brand new (I abuse mine too). Try that with a cheap-ass Barton or whatever and by now you'd have pilling, threads coming off, stink, who knows. The Bertucci holds up really well.
    Last edited by Dan T.; 3 Weeks Ago at 19:45. Reason: provide additional info
    AngelDeVille likes this.
    "I think I may make bold to say, that there is neither any other Mechanical or Mathematical thing in the World that is more beautiful or curious in texture than this my watch or Timekeeper for the Longitude..." ~John Harrison F.R.S., 1759

Fitting the seatbelt down to fit the watch, was better, but the scissors won out, and I’m liking this strap a whole lot better now.

I hated that huge bulky mess on the outside of my wrist..

Before...

After... snip... snip... single pass...

And here I thought I was the only one who couldn’t stand two layers of that material under my watch case. Looks like I’m getting the scissors out tomorrow.
    AngelDeVille and Dan T. like this.

Much better!
    Attached Images Attached Images

AngelDeVille likes this.

Rotate it so the hardware is on the bottom of your wrist and you won't see that end sticking out like that. You could also shorten it just a bit to clean it up.

Name:  poT8vNj.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  833.7 KB
    AngelDeVille likes this.

So I picked up a pair of Vario's seat belt straps. They're single pass. Got a black one, and a black with red edges, both with blacked out hardware.

Compared to the BluShark AlphaShark straps ::
    They're about half the price
    They're a bit thinner
    The weave is a bit different.
    The hardware is similar, but not the same.

The length is great, just enough I can tuck the excess under both loops. I've got pretty small wrists, not sure on the actual measurement though.

Initial impressions are good, seems as well made as the AlphaShark straps (which I really like). I'll post a more thorough review and comparison after I've had some time with them.

Name:  Red_and_black_Vario-G-Shock3.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  865.2 KB

Name:  Red_and_black_Vario-G-Shock2.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  837.3 KB

Name:  Red_and_black_Vario-G-Shock.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  977.5 KB
    AngelDeVille likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information