Best single pass seatbelt Nato?
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Best single pass seatbelt Nato?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Best single pass seatbelt Nato?

About 6 months ago I ordered 5 of BluShark’s AlphaPremier line of seatbelt nato’s and I don’t think I can go back to non-seatbelt straps. They are incredibly comfortable and have ruined me for cheap straps. I am finding that as I experiment more with watches I am finding I value thinness more and more. With that my two pass BluShark straps add more thickness than I would like. I am ready to add a few more straps to my collection in the near future.

My question is what are some good options for single pass straps? I know I can cut off the extra flap, and I’m not completely opposed to doing so, but I imagine something designed to be single pass from the beginning would be better implemented. If there aren’t great factory single pass options than I will just buy 2 piece straps and cut off the extra.

Here is what I have seen so far:
    1) BluShark AlphaPremier, Cincy Seatbelt, ToxicNato, Moose Strap Co, and PhenomeNato seem to be the most talked about seatbelt straps I hear about, but none offer single pass that I can see
    2) Armilla Vestigo - looks like it would be a great option, but as of right now they don’t have much for variety, only black and grey. Once they offer more color options I will order some, especially since I am a deal hunter and would love to take advantage of their 4 or 8 pack discount
    3) BluShark Pajama Stretch - not a seatbelt style, but I am interested in trying them. I like to wear my watches rather tight and often seem to be between holes. The stretchiness will give me the opportunity to wear it a little tighter without being strangled. If anyone has any experience with the Pajama line and how it compares to seatbelt style straps, please chime in.
    4) Erika’s originals - I have heard great things, but not really a seatbelt style, and at €50+ pretty pricey. I will probably try one at some point, but probably not right now. Moose Strap Co. seems to have something similar for $25, although they only have a handful of color options

What other options am I not considering?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Best single pass seatbelt Nato?

Forgot about Cheapest Nato Straps. I see they have a line of single pass nato straps for a very inexpensive $10. Has anyone handled their seatbelt style straps (single or double pass, since I imagine the quality would be the same) and know how they compare to other brands like BluShark’s seatbelt straps? For $10 I imagine they would be lower quality, but if it is at least close I could handle that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haveston has got some favourable reviews on YouTube (I don't own any of their straps yet though). Their straps are single pass but unfortunately they don't have that many colour options: Service Strap Series
    Cutting off the extra piece is fairly simple; I have used a lighter to seal the cut. You can try is on a cheaper strap first. I was a bit hesitant to cut a more expensive strap by Luff straps but I've been very satisfied with the result. With a single pass strap you can easily "adjust" the positions of the buckle and keepers where you want them to be so I don't think that the it's a problem if the strap was originally designed to be regular Nato with the extra flap.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I forgot that I have a single pass strap by MKS: https://www.mksnatostraps.com/collec...s-nato-1-piece The strap is otherwise ok but I haven't really been wearing it because of the "too loose or too tight" problem but this is probably due to my "non-compatible" wrist. The material feels good but is quite slippery so it doesn't work with my wrist which is a bit conical.

Except for the few straps on the market designed to be single pass from the beginning (such as Haveston, Erika's, and our Chevron line), the rest are just NATOs with the second layer cut off (like our Supreme line).

I'm new to NATOS, and my Khaki King has a seatbelt strap that fits very tight and I'm very pleased with, except for the bulk of the extra layer.

I'm pretty sure a pair of scissors is going to find it's way to the seatbelt in short order.

I have another in the mail today for another watch and if it fits tight too, it will get the same treatment...
    Nokie likes this.
    Sucker for a square Seiko 5....

The second one came in and the spring bars are farther from the case on this one, so I fear it would slide around too much if I cut the seatbelt off...

Cincy Strap Works will make you a single pass out of anything they have I believe - I can confirm they have Seat Belt straps. Toxic Natos also makes single pass with a keeper - not seat belt style but awesome nonetheless. Terry from Toxic Nato also suggested cutting the extra strap off his Shiznit strap for the same effect.

[QUOTE]Cincy Strap Works will make you a single pass out of anything they have/QUOTE]

+1
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

I’m a big fan of BluShark and Toxic natos Straps. Haveston is nice and worth a try also. I have an Erika’s and is crazy comfy
    My collection changes so often I got tired of redoing my signature

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information