Black Leather aftermarket strap recommendation
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Sasropakis
  • 1 Post By dfwcowboy

Thread: Black Leather aftermarket strap recommendation

Black Leather aftermarket strap recommendation

I’m looking for a recommendation for a high quality black leather strap aftermarket supplier. Preferably something in an alligator or croc leather, but I’m open. The primary watch I will using it for is a Tissot Ballade (black face, somewhat dressy), but it may spend some time on my speedy also.

I’m most interested in something that will be comfortable and look good.

Thanks for any thoughts you may have.

Re: Black Leather aftermarket strap recommendation

I like the Hirsch Earl strap. I've got three of them for various watches in the collection. Not cheap, but they look great, are well made and super comfortable.

Hirsch Earl
    Hotel Clerk: Do you have seventeen dollars and a good watch?
    Del: No I don't. I have uh... two dollars... and a Casio.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    BREITLING: Navitimer Cosmonaute D22322 | CASIO: MTG-910DA, MTG-1200B, GW-200-2JF, GW-5000, GW-M5610, GW-9400 | IWC: Mark XVI 3255-01, Pilot's Chronograph 3717-04 | OMEGA: Seamaster Professional 2220.5000, Speedmaster Professional 311.30.42.30.01.005 | TAG HEUER: Formula 1 Chronograph CAU1111 | ZENITH: El Primero 1969 Chronomaster 03.2040.400

Hirsch makes good straps! I had their Heavy Calf on a watch and it's a stout and beautiful strap.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Rios1931 offers a good price/quality ratio and they have genuine crocodile/alligator straps too. The prices are cheaper than those by Hirsch but based on my experiences (albeit not with their exotic skin straps) the quality is pretty similar i.e. very good. Depending on your location you might want to search eBay for better prices.

https://rios1931.com/rios1931-premiu...-exotic-skins/
    Quartersawn likes this.

Thanks, both of those look to be great suggestions. I’ve found I’d rather buy one good strap than get something I don’t care for as much and then have to buy another.

+1 on the Rios1931 suggestion. Top notch, made in Germany straps at very fair prices. I also prefer their lengths over most other makers.

The strap I bought from Valery Tkach on Etsy is incredibly well made and he uses premium leather from the best suppliers. The straps are made to order, which means you get to customize the stitching, buckles, and size you want.

This is a Horween CXL he made for me. It's a beautiful strap with superb attention to detail that's incredibly comfortable. These are the real deal and I think the value far exceeds the price.

jlow28 likes this.

Thread Information