BluShark Alpha Shark Slim
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GnarKing

Thread: BluShark Alpha Shark Slim

BluShark Alpha Shark Slim

Just completed a review of BluShark Alpha Shark Slim nato Straps. Great straps all around. Let me know what y’all think!

BluShark Alpha Shark Slim NATO Strap Review ? ColaWatch.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GaryK30 likes this.

Re: BluShark Alpha Shark Slim

These look great, but mine don’t seem like they will last as well as every other line of blushark strap. I experienced fraying of the holes on more than one of these straps within 3 or 4 days on the wrist.

The downside of the supple material seems to be stretching of the holes quickly, if you wear the strap relatively tight. If you wear it looser than I, the problem may not occur. But comparing to ten year old Zulu straps where you can barely tell which hole I use, these slim straps are not durable.

Your review says something about a lighter if the holes fray, but I don’t see how you’re going to correct the stretching and fraying of a hole with a lighter.

Not a huge fan of the slim. They’re too slinky and I prefer more structure to my straps. Cheers

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by stevens View Post
    These look great, but mine don’t seem like they will last as well as every other line of blushark strap. I experienced fraying of the holes on more than one of these straps within 3 or 4 days on the wrist.

The downside of the supple material seems to be stretching of the holes quickly, if you wear the strap relatively tight. If you wear it looser than I, the problem may not occur. But comparing to ten year old Zulu straps where you can barely tell which hole I use, these slim straps are not durable.

Your review says something about a lighter if the holes fray, but I don’t see how you’re going to correct the stretching and fraying of a hole with a lighter.
    Good points! I wear my straps loose so this hasn’t been an issue for me. In addition, I change straps very often. Comparing these to a 10 year old Zulu- i think you sacrifice some durability for the comfort.

The original blushark straps and the standard alpha line are definitely built like a freaking tank. If I were going to the jungle for a few months, I’d opt for one of those!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got one of these (the green one) and I have to say, it's very comfortable. With one day of wear, though, I can understand the concern about stretching.

I will say, I wish these came in more colors. I'd buy a yellow and an orange right now if I could. Or even some of the colors offered in the regular alpha shark lineup. Rotating the straps out should also have the bonus of helping with the stretching issue...

Thanks for the review, OP!

Regarding your quote below:
    It is worth mentioning as well that after plenty of use the holes on the strap have held up quite well. That is not to say that we haven’t experienced or will not eventually experience some fraying but that can be easily taken care of with your EDC fireflicker.
    How exactly would I fix this fraying? As other posters have stated, the hole has stretched just after a couple days worth of usage. Otherwise a fantastic strap.

Thanks!

I love these slims. I would say don't worry about the fraying because they have a great guarantee, but its weird, it walks back that bold gaurantee before the paragraph is even out:

"We're so confident in the quality of our nylon straps that we're willing to stand behind it for the life of the product. If a buckle breaks or the nylon frays or a bolt of lighting should happen to strike it, we will exchange your strap for a brand new one whether it's a year from now or ten years from now. All you have to do is send us a note and any kind of proof of purchase (e.g. an order number or email confirmation) and we'll send you a new strap in the same color and size of your old one. If we don't have an identical one in stock, you'll be able to choose your preferred style. The lifetime guarantee applies to all BluShark nylon watch straps. The guarantee does not cover normal wear (e.g. fraying after extended use). "
    (emphases mine)

Not very authentic to say we'll guarantee it from fraying, but not if it the fraying is from "extended use." Extended could mean just about anything, a month, 6 mos., a year, who knows.

Thread Information