Bone buckled Perlon

Thread: Bone buckled Perlon

Bone buckled Perlon

Wow..BRONZE* not Bone. Sorry, this is my first time posting from my tablet. I usually just lurk.

I rdcently took delivery of a Halios Tropic B with the blue dial. Very beautiful watch (pic below is mine). It came with a grey canvas strap(pictured below, came with bronze buckle) and a leather two piece (without a buckle).

I was wanting to put it on a perlon. Does anyone know of a vendor who sells bronze perlon buckles? A bronze ladder type buckle similar to the one pictured below (pic from internet) would let me switch out perlons and keep a patina-ed buckle.

Also, I have read about heating up stainless steel to get a bronze-like appearance, but I was hoping to have some patina develop on the buckle as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by thebrownknight; May 30th, 2016 at 22:58. Reason: Not so good at posting from my tablet.

Re: Bone buckled Perlon

This could be tough. Bronze cases are a small niche at best. Then: just because it's bronze, doesn't mean it'll be the same bronze as the case. If it patinates differently, where are you?

You may have to go NATO or RAF, and use the buckle you have.

Quote Originally Posted by gangrel View Post
    What he said. Unless you can find some strap maker that likes to make their own buckles by hand you are not going to find a bronze perlon buckle.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Here are a few on eBay-

Bronze Watch Buckle | eBay
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

I don't see any in the ladder style. What you linked to, shows the problem: even if the search engine can find some, the results will be buried in among the near-matches. Especially because I don't know exactly the right search terms to narrow it down. Even then, that presumes such terms are broadly known and used.

I talked to one of the vendors on Ebay, Arunas, who makes bronze buckles. He said he can't make ladder buckles. Demand is the problem I suppose. And yes, specific alloys would patina differently.

For now it looks like I'll have to stick to two pieces and NATOs. I have a Bond type, and a couple others, on the way in brushed stainless from Daluca. Let's see how the Tropik looks on NATOs.

Thank you for the suggestions gentlemen.

This could be tough. Bronze cases are a small niche at best. Then: just because it's bronze, doesn't mean it'll be the same bronze as the case. If it patinates differently, where are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Karkarov View Post
    What he said. Unless you can find some strap maker that likes to make their own buckles by hand you are not going to find a bronze perlon buckle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    Here are a few on eBay-

Bronze Watch Buckle | eBay
    Last edited by thebrownknight; June 1st, 2016 at 21:29.

Quote Originally Posted by thebrownknight View Post
    I talked to one of the vendors on Ebay, Arunas, who makes bronze buckles. He said he can't make ladder buckles. Demand is the problem I suppose. And yes, specific alloys would patina differently.

For now it looks like I'll have to stick to two pieces and NATOs. I have a Bond type, and a couple others, on the way in brushed stainless from Daluca. Let's see how the Tropik looks on NATOs.

Thank you for the suggestions gentlemen.
    You can always hit up natostrapco.com they have a decent selection of zulu's with bronze hardware.

Thread Information