Bonetto Cinturini w a Seiko SSC017
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By supawabb
  • 1 Post By thefunkfuzz

Thread: Bonetto Cinturini w a Seiko SSC017

Bonetto Cinturini w a Seiko SSC017

So I've just got this beautiful forrest green rubber strap, Bonetto Cinturini from Gnomon in Singapore.
    I love it. Fresh new look and my first watch has feels like it's brand new again.
    Ain't it sweet?!
    But I'm just curious, about these Italian rubber Bonetto Cinturini straps everywhere.. Please can someone tell me, how do I know what is real and what is not? There is no brand stamp, on the rubber or the hardware, and I've seen them on ebay from St Korea and Lithuania and elsewhere, for quite cheap.
    And of course watch gecko has their own colors and styles, seemingly made exactly the same as Bonetto Cinturini.
    I can't buy these straps from Bonetto Cinturini themselves, tho they will send me their catalogue.

Should I be searching the Web in Italian to find a distributor? Or do B.C themselves just make all the rubber straps in the world this side of Hirsch?

What's the story?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Bonetto Cinturini w a Seiko SSC017

can you take larger, more blurry photos? Anyways, the green really doesn't suit it all that well. Try a black Bonetto 317.
    taike likes this.

If you get them from WatchGecko or Gnomon they should be legit. WatchGecko just re-brands it to their "ZuluDiver" line. From eBay and elsewhere, who knows. You could always take the chance and see if the straps have that distinctive scent, don't attract lint, etc. that are typical of the rubber BC uses.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

aye
    Banned

If you're in the states get them from Holben's, they are totally legit. They have their own online store but you can also find them on Amazon and Ebay. I got my Bonetto Cinturini strap from them and it's quite nice. It's a pretty good deal at $28 for the quality. I have Watchgecko straps but I don't see why anyone would pay 50% MORE to get a BC strap from them that has been re-branded to a lesser known brand. Haha. Plus you have to look carefully at the description as some of them are priced like a BC but are sourced elsewhere. I ended up with one of these as I thought it was a BC offered in a unique design, but it just wasn't as good as the real thing in several ways - I returned it.

Quote Originally Posted by supawabb View Post
    can you take larger, more blurry photos? Anyways, the green really doesn't suit it all that well. Try a black Bonetto 317.
    You're a hoot aren't you! Woooooo

Quote Originally Posted by aye View Post
    If you're in the states get them from Holben's, they are totally legit. They have their own online store but you can also find them on Amazon and Ebay. I got my Bonetto Cinturini strap from them and it's quite nice. It's a pretty good deal at $28 for the quality. I have Watchgecko straps but I don't see why anyone would pay 50% MORE to get a BC strap from them that has been re-branded to a lesser known brand. Haha. Plus you have to look carefully at the description as some of them are priced like a BC but are sourced elsewhere. I ended up with one of these as I thought it was a BC offered in a unique design, but it just wasn't as good as the real thing in several ways - I returned it.
    Thank you for the response.
    I've checked out Holbens fine watch bands, it's pretty hard to miss them really with the massive range they carry
    and again, they sell b.c straps with unsigned clasps and no packaging.
    So I emailed them, and received something of a mixed response.. The gist of it is I think they buy in bulk and in such a way as to keep costs down, sort of like a grey market watch seller. So the signed clasps and packaging that would make the strap seem more legit is what you will get if you buy it from a local watch shop at twice the price.
    I'm pretty sure that is what is going on. If you buy one on ebay from the developing world, you'll save even more, but they're all coming from the same place, but for different contracts.
    I think rubber itself is hard to synthesise well, hard to grow, and basically controlled by a cartel of companies and military states, so the chances of finding an imitation b.c strap that is of acceptable quality is practically impossible. If the rubber is soft, then, it is probably b.c.

P. S Gnomon has a few unusual options, if you're in the market, three types of blue colour and couple other things worth a look, and not double the price like u get on watchgecko.
    TheFavorista likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by thefunkfuzz View Post
    You're a hoot aren't you! Woooooo
    you really have no idea at all.

Quote Originally Posted by thefunkfuzz View Post
    Should I be searching the Web in Italian to find a distributor? Or do B.C themselves just make all the rubber straps in the world this side of Hirsch?

What's the story?
    just follow your nose. when in doubt, your wallet will lead the way

Thread Information