Bracelet ID Help
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Bracelet ID Help

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bracelet ID Help

Hi all,

Iím wanting to find solid end links to suit a bracelet Iíve had for about five years, except I canít remember where I bought it! I know it was second hand, I donít think I got it through WUS, Iíve gone through my PMís and canít find anything. I havenít been able to find anything similar, itís brushed steel with polished accents, very nice and goes great with the Sarb017.

Does anyone recognise this bracelet??

Hereís a photo I posted to the Alpinist thread back in 2014:

Re: Bracelet ID Help

Could it be strapcode? https://www.strapcode.com/collection...s-pcl05-p2s065

Sent from my rotary phone using Crapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by woiter View Post
    Could it be strapcode? https://www.strapcode.com/collection...s-pcl05-p2s065

Sent from my rotary phone using Crapatalk
    That was my first stop too, but no... it is very similar to their Oyster, but it has these two thin rows of polished links which set it apart from the standard bracelets.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Looks something like this one. I'm not sure who makes them, but I've seen them available at a few different retailers and appear to be some sort of generic Chinese made bracelet, but that's just a guess. Hard to tell without seeing the clasp.

https://www.nywatchstore.com/seiko-s...lasp-5015.html

Quote Originally Posted by dfwcowboy View Post
    Looks something like this one. I'm not sure who makes them, but I've seen them available at a few different retailers and appear to be some sort of generic Chinese made bracelet, but that's just a guess. Hard to tell without seeing the clasp.

https://www.nywatchstore.com/seiko-s...lasp-5015.html
    I think you might be onto something... if it is what you suggest, Iím surprised itís such a cheapie!

You might check out http://uncleseiko.com as another suggestion.

I have the same watch on a Strapcode bracelet. I think MilTat makes one for it as well.

Good luck.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

So obviously not identical to yours as the clasp is completely different. What you have is a knock-off of one of the classic Grand Seiko bracelet designs. There's a few different ones out there. The questions will be whether they are solid end links, will it fit your watch, and will it match even if it fits.

The advantage of going with strapcode is you're pretty much assured all those things are met if they advertise it as being for your particular watch. The disadvantage is they don't have exactly what you're looking for.

The links are also similar to the Omega Speedmaster bracelet. There are lots of copies of those out there.

As dfwcowboy says, solid end link fit will be an issue. You can order a lot of bracelets without getting a good match and fit, even if the holes line up.

Thanks for all the input, I really appreciate the insights. Itís a tough choice, I go through phases with the bracelet on, so while Iíd love a solid, perfect bracelet, can I justify the cost when itís only used maybe 10% of the time?

... Iím tempted to get a cheapie (maybe from a Parnis?) and butcher it to fit!

Quote Originally Posted by StephenR View Post
    Thanks for all the input, I really appreciate the insights. Itís a tough choice, I go through phases with the bracelet on, so while Iíd love a solid, perfect bracelet, can I justify the cost when itís only used maybe 10% of the time?

... Iím tempted to get a cheapie (maybe from a Parnis?) and butcher it to fit!

Just got a Parnis jubilee bracelet for my Alpinist. Still in the process of butchering it to fit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information