Bracelets or straps?

Thread: Bracelets or straps?

Bracelets or straps?

I am relatively new to the forum and back to Omega after a 25 year hiatus. I have been very interested in the bracelet vs strap threads.

I had two Omega watches back in the 70's and both had bracelets. I switched to Rolex in the early 80's and a couple of years ago sold my old Datejust and got an Explorer II with white dial. Both of my Rolex watches had bracelets.

In the past two months I have gotten three Omegas. The first was a Seamaster 2254.50. While under the influence of Fr. John I then got a Speedmaster 3570.50 and just this week, still under the influence of Fr. John, added a Seamaster "electric blue" 2265.80. All of my Omegas have bracelets. In looking at the various posts of our forum members I see some fine looking straps, but still like the look of the factory bracelet.

What are your feelings about bracelets vs straps? When I asked Fr. John, our Omega guru, that question he said, "straps in cold weather and bracelets in hot weather." What are your views? Cheers, Bill P.

Re: Bracelets or straps?

i wore a tag kirium as my only watch for 7 years , the kirium bracelet was great but now that i have added a few watches that can be fitted with different strap options i am not sure what i like.

my hamilton khaki chrono is on leather and wear it on diner/movie nights

my seiko pmm mod is on a bond nato that i wear as my beater for work.

my gsar and kirium on bracelet which i tried wearing the tag this week and in minus 30below it wasn't very comfortable, so i might tend to agree with the bracelet in the summer, leather in winter and nato/leather for work/diving maybe.

or alternate months with each strap, changing becomes addictive untill you find the perfect strap though, so if you plan to start wearing leather be prepared to buy a lot of them.

cory
    hamilton khaki Field Auto Chrono-black
    Marathon GSAR
    Tag Kirium Quartz
    Seiko PMMM Mod
    PAM Hommage

My strategy is to get a bunch of different bands and rotate them frequently to suit my mood and the occasion at hand. Each different strap/bracelet brings out a different character and aesthetic quality, so having a wide selection of options allows one to better appreciate the full beauty and expressive potential of the watch. To me there is no "bracelet vs. strap" discussion to be had, but only "what do I feel like wearing today?"

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Last edited by twblalock; April 14th, 2009 at 08:33.

Thread Information