• 3 Post By CastorTroy3
  • 3 Post By Nokie
  • 2 Post By crazyfingers
  • 2 Post By Karkarov
  • 2 Post By CBM_DOC
  • 1 Post By Nokie

Thread: Brusnitcyn Strap Review by Castor Troy

Brusnitcyn Strap Review by Castor Troy

The strap and bracelet forum is my favorite forum. Why because I love straps and I love to hear Nokie refer everyone to the banner on the top of the forum for reccomendations :). Today I wanted to give you an in depth review of straps by "B." Ya their name is a mouth full! However, I will start it for those of you who don't want to read what is bound to be a lengthy post by saying this was an excellent custom strap experience with top notch customer interaction. This lady's pictures speak for themselves.

So here's how it all happened. I was cruising the watch strap for sale forum as I have been known to do and here is this random vendor Brusnitcyn....remember that name write it down because once you see these pictures your going to be calling..that is selling some elephant straps. And for the 7 of you following the strap forum I have been talking about wanting to drop a proper dime on ABP mostly because I want an elephant strap. She was advertising anelephant...let's call it dumbo...for a Panerai. Now dumbo was super fly. Kind of like Jimmy Stick Up. It was some crazy size like 28mm. So I PM'd her and asked if she could source elephant. She of course said yes. Let me hit you with some dumbo just to keep you interested.

Well this really looked like some top notch grain. So I began to talk to "B." I googled, checked out her Instagram. I was like Wooo (think Busta) and was really impressed with these hides. I thought...wow this is top notch stuff let me see what we got. I shot her another message about her Hornbacks. thinking that I had this bad mofo king Seiko that I bought earlier this year and never wear because I don't have 18's. Here's the piece I liked and she sent me this hide that she thought was the perfect fit. She was right

I now was mentally committed to two straps and I decided to keep on pushing. I hadn't received a thing just communication and a great build me a strap experience. Now I just purchased a Tudor Black Bay Bronze. Ya its hot. My wife thinks so too. So much so she told me she wants my tudor strap for her Nomos. I said baby you don't want to wear that Nomos. I just got Dumbo and his big ears are going to be all over your Nomos. Well when the wifes interested you seek out. I went to my AD and asked them if they code source an OEM in 20mm. Not surprised the answer was no. Also just so you know the price was $265 for tudor leather (side note its a perfect fit for the Bronze worth every dollar). I contacted Miss B and she circulated 6 leather to choose from. With of course her first recommendation being a great alternative. Not a perfcect fit but in some ways better. Specifically the redness of the OEM wasn't there but the texture was far superior. I also customized thickness and flex to combine better with the Nomos head. Lets just say my wife is happy. I think you all can agree that this strap makes the tangomat more casual than the OEM horween.

Things were going so well and I still had not received a strap but been talking to my girl B and viewed each strap selected leather at this point we are almost talking daily. I see this members posts regularly. Jazzmaster. He's got this OEM camel croc that looks spectular. Everytime I see his name I just think of Tribe say "We got the jazz we got the jazz...we got the jazz we got the jazz... and I know things are going so well I need to get me some croc Jazz camel. I tell B to delay delivery and build me the camel croc. Well while I'm super happy, we kind of missed the color here. Although still well done I do think the perfection of the hide did deminsh. We ended up with a irregular hide but luckily B did have the imperfection around the clasp. Still looks great from the head but if you look closely by the punch holes you will notice the failure by the hide.

So that's four straps, a lot of pictures, and a really really long story. What I can say is that I am pushing 100 straps at this point and I put quality at probably 90 out of 100 on the strap (much lower on the hardware - maybe average 30), customer experience again towards the top 90 out of 100, mostly because she sent me hide selection, built every step along the way, confirmation of number of punch holes, thickness, padding, threading, etc. Now the true Premiums have this all built in early in the process but B probably doesn't have this figured out yet and it probably takes her more time than the big Premium custom guys. However, I found enjoyment in the constant participation when B asked me questions on exactly what I wanted. Now as far as cost B is currently in the LOWER MID RANGE. That means your getting premium custom design service and hide for mid-range prices. Plus short construction time. I will say that I personally hope that she gets too busy for this level of service and starts to have 13-20 weeks lead time because this crazy involved process took 4 weeks including delivery from Russia (I did pay for moderately accelerated delivery).

Now "B" I can't let it slide to my WUS community. A couple of minor errors in the process. (1) she did punch seven strap holes when I specifically asked for four (2) she forgot the hardware for one strap (my wifes of course but hey I got hardware). and (3) and worst of all she incorrectly wrote my zip code and messed up a digit. I had to Drive across town, like 30 minutes each way, to pick up the straps from the post office of the zip code.

Overall, satifsified customer and definitely will be ordering again.

Hornback for my King Seiko.

Elephant for my Explorer II, and when I can steal it my wifes Nomos. Hey its a 20 it can go on a lot.

Name:  IMG_2519.JPG
Views: 274
Size:  338.9 KB

Vintage leather made to look like my Tudor Bronze Vintage Leather for the wifees Nomos Tangomat.

More elephant on the explorer. Pics all out of order. Too many beauties.

More vintage leather on the nomos.

Vintage leather on the nomos

Name:  IMG_2527.JPG
Views: 268
Size:  335.1 KB

Not so camel croc on the Navi

t

More hornback on the King Seiko

More no so camel croc on the navi

More vintage leather on the Nomos.

Elephant on the nomos.

O look Castor can't get pictures in order on the computer. More horny back on the KS.
    Last edited by CastorTroy3; September 10th, 2016 at 22:33.
    BRUSNITCYN, noregrets and Karkarov like this.

Re: Brusnitcyn Strap Review by Castor Troy

Beautiful. Great review.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Really good stuff! Congrats on your new straps.
    CastorTroy3 and BRUSNITCYN like this.
    Are you watching closely?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My blog:
    http://watchesindia.blogspot.com/
    Instagram: @crazystrobist

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    Beautiful. Great review.
    Nokie you forgot to refer him to the sticky at the top of the forum though. He did say he loves it when you do that.

I have also been watching "B's" forum topic closely. It is getting very hard to resist those hornback straps. Nice set of straps there, I can only assume the wife is satisfied. That alone makes them a winner :)
    CastorTroy3 and Nokie like this.

Those look very nice. I have been thinking of elephant watch straps since I got an elephant wallet. And the hornback looks exactly the way it should. I guess I know where my next strap dollars are going.

Thanks for the excellent review.

Best regards,

Dave
    CastorTroy3 and BRUSNITCYN like this.

http://Nokie you forgot to refer him...n you do that.

I was going to do just that, but then I realized he probably lives there even more than I do when looking for ideas....

Sorry for the ongoing repetition but, having watch OCD is sometimes is a PITA......
    Karkarov likes this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Thread Information