Can anyone tell me what brand this is?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Karkarov
  • 1 Post By Nokie

Thread: Can anyone tell me what brand this is?

Can anyone tell me what brand this is?

I want to buy another one because it is so great, unfortunately I threw away the business card that came with it. These are the best pics I could take of the label.

Can't quite make out the name

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Re: Can anyone tell me what brand this is?

Stuff like this is really interesting to me. Determining what things say with partial lettering etc...
    I've tried to monkey around with contrast/levels/sharpness etc with photoshop and have not been able to read what the main word up top is. 'Handmade', 'Genuine', and 'Leather' are visible just to the naked eye. I'm not sure what the word between handmade and genuine is.

The Symbol above the main word looks like a candle or a hat or fire or something. It looks like it has three sections.

It might help if I had any significant knowledge of leather straps but I just don't, sorry.

Did you buy it online? Any old email confirmation possible? (if you use gmail and dont delete old emails etc)

edit: perhaps someone familiar with strap brands will come in here and easily ID it...
    Last edited by nolte; January 9th, 2017 at 14:55.

Quote Originally Posted by nolte View Post
    Stuff like this is really interesting to me. Determining what things say with partial lettering etc...
    I've tried to monkey around with contrast/levels/sharpness etc with photoshop and have not been able to read what the main word up top is. 'Handmade', 'Genuine', and 'Leather' are visible just to the naked eye. I'm not sure what the word between handmade and genuine is.

The Symbol above the main word looks like a candle or a hat or fire or something. It looks like it has three sections.

It might help if I had any significant knowledge of leather straps but I just don't, sorry.

Did you buy it online? Any old email confirmation possible? (if you use gmail and dont delete old emails etc)

edit: perhaps someone familiar with strap brands will come in here and easily ID it...
    Yeah that's a good idea about the emails. I bought it online. The logo is a rocking horse.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Here is the thing, there is nothing in the picture that makes this look like anything other than "generic strap 916". Honestly this looks like an etsy strap or something similar. No strap maker I am familiar with uses a rocking horse for a logo, and nothing about the stamp looks familiar, or unique enough to identify. It looks like it starts with an M on the logo and ends in an A.

Truthfully, this looks like a generic minimalist stitch watch strap. There are dozens if not hundreds of companies/makers who can make you a strap just like this one, probably to a better quality. Instead of looking for whoever this maker is, I would just just go looking for a strap that is similar.

On the slightly higher price upscale side, here is a Crown and Buckle black label - The Foster

On the cheaper side, here is one from Panatine - Rios 1931 minimal stitch

And in case money is no object and you just want the best of the best sir have a Bulang and Sons - Lumberjack
    Nokie likes this.

^^^^^

This will be the best advice you will probably get. I agree, it screams "Etsy" (or similar) to me as well.

You could try a paper w/pencil tracing over the marks to see if you can pull out some cleaner info, but that type of minimalist strap is all over if you shop around.
    Karkarov likes this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Thread Information