Can you 'stretch' a rubber strap to make it fit?

Thread: Can you 'stretch' a rubber strap to make it fit?

Can you 'stretch' a rubber strap to make it fit?

I love rubber/silicone straps on my dive watches. Problem: most of the OEM rubber straps are way too short for my 8.5 inch wrist! For instance: I have a very limited edition Breitling (in my avatar) which I switched from the factory leather to the Breitling rubber strap - and it barely fits on the last hole! I like to wear this watch occasionally but not at the risk of it dropping off my wrist!

I know this is a silly question, but - could a rubber strap be "stretched" in any way to increase the length?

Re: Can you 'stretch' a rubber strap to make it fit?

You can Microwave them and they become pliable but, but as to stretching per se NOT really, what I have done with some rubber straps that do not fit is get creative and make them fit.

Re: Can you 'stretch' a rubber strap to make it fit?

Yes, I knew there wouldn't be much use in having a rubber/silicone strap that "stretches" in length - and stays "stretched"! LOL! I think I saw one of your straps, Shane, that had a very creative "workaround" to adding length - a strap with a buckle at each end, joined by a double-ended piece with the pin holes. Very clever. I have been thinking of buying silicone sheeting and making my own straps - but that stuff is SO difficult to work with. One tiny slip when making a cut and.......

Thread Information