Canvas strap with bronze buckle
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gangrel

Thread: Canvas strap with bronze buckle

Canvas strap with bronze buckle

Hey guys, need some idea on where to purchase for canvas strap that's fixed with bronze buckle? Cheers!

Re: Canvas strap with bronze buckle

Quote Originally Posted by kingcarlos View Post
    Hey guys, need some idea on where to purchase for canvas strap that's fixed with bronze buckle? Cheers!
    You mean with a sewn in buckle? If so, that would have to be a custom made job. If you just want a canvas strap you can find them in tons of places then just order a bronze buckle from there if you don't have one. Unfortunately finding bronze watch hardware outside of custom made stuff is basically impossible unless you are ordering a Zulu strap.

Might also look on etsy.com

Some of their vendors do custom straps with bronze buckles.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Check they've clear-coated the buckle. The buckle will be in contact with your skin, and will therefore tend to leave a little green, especially on a hot day. There's not a lot that will do so, but still, better to pay a bit of attention. My Archimede Pilot has a bronze case and bronze buckle. The buckle's showing a lot of green on the lower edges of the sides...altho not much on the wrist. (Just took it off; it's been my wearer of choice for the last couple days.)
    Karkarov likes this.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

Quote Originally Posted by Karkarov View Post
    You mean with a sewn in buckle? If so, that would have to be a custom made job. If you just want a canvas strap you can find them in tons of places then just order a bronze buckle from there if you don't have one. Unfortunately finding bronze watch hardware outside of custom made stuff is basically impossible unless you are ordering a Zulu strap.
    Yeap. Any recommendation for custom jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by gangrel View Post
    Check they've clear-coated the buckle. The buckle will be in contact with your skin, and will therefore tend to leave a little green, especially on a hot day. There's not a lot that will do so, but still, better to pay a bit of attention. My Archimede Pilot has a bronze case and bronze buckle. The buckle's showing a lot of green on the lower edges of the sides...altho not much on the wrist. (Just took it off; it's been my wearer of choice for the last couple days.)
    I see that a lot on my Zelos Abyss because they wanted the buckle to be able to patina too so it has no sealing. I find since it is mostly on the underside of the buckle just every 2-3 wears you can lightly scrape the bottom of the buckle with a fingernail and the green stuff just comes right off.

@Kingcarlos, Don't really have any custom maker I can suggest right off the top of my head. My advice would just be to check this forum for threads by custom strap makers and look for pics with buckles. The makers who do custom buckles tend to want you to know it since that is not a super common thing. Just remember bronze watches are already sort of a niche watch collector group, and most bronze watches already come with a matching bronze buckle so they rarely order custom made jobs.
    Last edited by Karkarov; August 3rd, 2016 at 17:31.

You could buy a bronze buckle on EBAY and send it to a custom canvas strap maker like Drunk Art, Micah or Drew. I think those guys are all up to sewing in a buckle for you while making you a strap. There are others on WUS but these are my favorites.
    Kevin

If Zulu straps are to your liking just found that ClocksworkSynergy has them on ebay for under $20.

Thread Information