Canvas Straps. Or, the b est alternative to the Time factors Canvas Straps ?

Thread: Canvas Straps. Or, the b est alternative to the Time factors Canvas Straps ?

Canvas Straps. Or, the b est alternative to the Time factors Canvas Straps ?

Hi there,

New to the forum, and new to the watch game in general. However, I just got a precista PRS-10 from the classifieds here and I'm looking to grab a few canvas straps while i wait on delivery.

I wanted the 20mm Sand canvas from time factors. For the price it looks like the go to. But they are sold out of the 20mm ! I was thinking the 18mm on 20mm lugs, but I'm not sure.

Anyone know any good alternatives that are in a similar price and quality range ? I don't mind spending a little more...

Re: Canvas Straps. Or, the b est alternative to the Time factors Canvas Straps ?

Quote Originally Posted by ViktorVaughn View Post
    Hi there,

New to the forum, and new to the watch game in general. However, I just got a precista PRS-10 from the classifieds here and I'm looking to grab a few canvas straps while i wait on delivery.

I wanted the 20mm Sand canvas from time factors. For the price it looks like the go to. But they are sold out of the 20mm ! I was thinking the 18mm on 20mm lugs, but I'm not sure.

Anyone know any good alternatives that are in a similar price and quality range ? I don't mind spending a little more...
    How about green nylon? Single pass RAF. Maybe olive green perlon. Or gray to match the case.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

Re: Canvas Straps. Or, the b est alternative to the Time factors Canvas Straps ?

I was thinking the 18mm on 20mm lugs, but I'm not sure.
    No.

Better to put a slight larger strap on smaller lugs than the other way around.

You can find other similar options in 20mm if you look a bit. They are a popular style of strap and alot of vendors carry them. There is a sticky at the top of this forum with a list of on line strap vendors you can look at for ideas.

You can also go to esty.com and search under "Handmade watch straps" or similar terms for another suggestion.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Thread Information