Cheapestnatostraps.com only publishing favorable reviews?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 5eik0

Thread: Cheapestnatostraps.com only publishing favorable reviews?

Cheapestnatostraps.com only publishing favorable reviews?

About a month ago I wrote a not so favorable review on their website about an adjustable perlon strap I bough, pointing out how crappy the buckle is. Had I found similar reviews, I would not have bought it, so I figured I would add my 2 cents. To my surprise, the review was never posted, even though I did receive emails asking me to review the other two nato straps I bought. Has this happened to anyone else?

Re: Cheapestnatostraps.com only publishing favorable reviews?

Very much site-dependent. It is certainly not the first time a vendor has done this. When reading vendor site reviews of their own products, you always have to keep that in mind.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

Quote Originally Posted by gangrel View Post
    Very much site-dependent. It is certainly not the first time a vendor has done this. When reading vendor site reviews of their own products, you always have to keep that in mind.
    Sigh. Yes, you are right.

For what it's worth, if anyone reading is thinking about getting a perlon strap, I suggest you look elsewhere.
    Deledda likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

FWIW, there was a member who posted reviews of several brands. The hardware in general on perlons is rather poor. Eulit had the best hardware, and even then, it's fairly lightweight. Their weave is far better than most. The trimming is done clean and neat; the cheap straps fall down here at times, and it's a very Bad Thing because cut and fused perlon can leave nasty, sharp edges. I like perlon on sport watches with decent WR, as who cares if nylon gets wet? :) And on most slim watches, of which I have a few. But it's pretty much Rios (AFAIK only available from watchbandcenter.com in Germany) or Eulit...the $8 ones, you're getting what you paid for.

Same here. Bought a couple of Natos and a perlon from this site, and both are really poor. I got an email to review and said the perlon was absolute rubbish. Crap cheap hardware and a hard scratchy perlon with rough edges everywhere. The review never lasted on the site. Who cares, I won't buy their rubbish again anyway. Their Natos aren't that great either. Ok hardware, but thin and glued, not stitched. I could rip them apart if I tried, but in normal use they'll probably be ok. Buy cheap, buy twice. Never truer.

Difficult getting high quality stuff shipped into Australia though.

The thing with nato and perlon straps is you will likely get very similar stuff from one seller to another, in term of quality. "Premium" nato is usually stitched and welded, "basic" nato is only glued. Same everywhere. And perlon, I don't buy perlon straps unless it's Eulit.

There are exceptions of course, vendors who actually know what they are saying about stuff they sell, like ToxicNATOS, Dagaz, Maratac (CountyComm), Timefactor. Their straps are hardly to be found elsewhere. With a little bit of research, you will know what to expect when buying from certain vendor.
    IG: @wtma
    ---
    CASIO G-SHOCK GMW-B5000-1
    SEIKO PROSPEX MARINEMASTER PROFESSIONAL SBBN007
    GLYCINE AIRMAN VINTAGE 1953 LE 3904.14/66AIRMAN DC-4 3904.19H24/66
    DAMASKO LARGE AVIATOR MANUFACTORY CALIBRE DK15

TUDOR HERITAGE BLACK BAY 36 M79500-0004
    BREITLING PREMIER AUTOMATIC 40 A37340351B1A1
    OMEGA SPEEDMASTER PROFESSIONAL MOONWATCH 311.30.42.30.01.006
    ROLEX OYSTER PERPETUAL DATEJUST 36 126234-0025 (GRAIL)

[QUOTE]There are exceptions of course, vendors who actually know what they are saying about stuff they sell, like ToxicNATOS, Dagaz, Maratac (CountyComm), Timefactor. Their straps are hardly to be found elsewhere. With a little bit of research, you will know what to expect when buying from certain vendor./QUOTE]

Agree.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Anybody ordered leather straps from cheapestnatostraps.com? What's the quality level?

All Chronographs except one! * Vulcain Nautique 1st Swiss/1967 * Seiko 5 SpeedTimer 1st Auto Chrono, from Tokyo Ginza/1969 * Big handful of old Seiko Quartz Chronos *Heuer Re-issue 1963 Pre-TAG Carrera * TAG Heuer "Carrera" Chrono * Omega "Speedmaster" 7751 * Baume & Mercier Formula S * Zenith "El Primero" HW * Mühle Glashütte Nautische * Sinn 903ST “Navitimer” * Techné SparrowHawk II * Alpina Startimer Big-Date * Zodiac Sea Dragon * (2) Victorinox "Infantry Vintage" (Silver/Green) * Junkers "G38" * Hamilton Pioneer Khaki * Bulova Marine Star Chrono/Diver * Breitling Chronospace * Dan Henry "1939" * Fortuna chrono * Delbana "Silverstone" * Ball Fireman "Storm Chaser" * William L. chrono * Junghans Meister Telemeter Chronoscope * Guinand Duograph * Vincero Apex *(Red = Given away to relative)

Very thin leather, which is unsurprising...leather for a NATO has to be thinned quite a bit or it'll sit really badly. If it's not going to stretch, it'll need to be on the stiff side. Can't help it. Haven't tried these, but I have tried other low-end leather NATOs and wasn't a fan.

Their 2-piece straps...I've got some vintage suede from a different source, I believe, but same strap. Quite soft. Stretching may well be an issue but heck, if it lasts a year of daily use, I'd be fine, given the price. Can't speak to that, as my use pattern is rather less regular. :)

Thread Information