Citizen Aqualand Stap Options

Thread: Citizen Aqualand Stap Options

Citizen Aqualand Stap Options

Hi everyone. I've been lurking on this forum for a while and really enjoy it. I recently joined the forum and have a question about my Citizen Aqualand Eco Drive Promaster. The rubber strap doesn't last too long as I have recently had to replace it due to it cracking and eventually breaking apart. I'd really like to get a different strap than the original style but the watch has a unique lug. Can anyone recommend a strap that will fit this lug style? It would be great to not have to replace the strap every year or two due to it cracking and breaking. Here is a picture of the watch. Thanks. Any input would be helpful. (edited to add: sorry about the huge picture).
    Name:  relogio-citizen-eco-drive-promaster-depht-meter-bj2135-00e-12124-MLB20055207209_022014-F.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  181.3 KB

Re: Citizen Aqualand Stap Options

I have the same watch and took the strap off for the same reason. I wanted to have a leather one made. Because of the way it attaches, I would recommend just leaving the OEM strap on. One side ended up splitting when I tried to take it off. So, I had to buy a new one, which wasn't cheap. And they are not easy to put on. It's attached by a very thin pin that has a collar that goes over it and that pin and collar slides and locks into a hole. And, you have to know which way to push that very thin pin out. You'd have to have a strap made with a little metal thing with a hole so you can slide the pin and collar into. I don't see that happening.

I already have my prototype adapters done, I need to tweak and make final changes, but these will fit that exact watch and allow installing standard straps. I wanted to be able to swap with my other watches so I opted to make the adapter 22mm but the original design had it at 24mm. Give me a little more time and I should have a bunch of these that I can part with in stainless steel....

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Teppo458 View Post
    I already have my prototype adapters done, I need to tweak and make final changes, but these will fit that exact watch and allow installing standard straps. I wanted to be able to swap with my other watches so I opted to make the adapter 22mm but the original design had it at 24mm. Give me a little more time and I should have a bunch of these that I can part with in stainless steel....
    That's great to hear. How can I go about buying one from you?

Thread Information