completely rebuild watch band

Thread: completely rebuild watch band

completely rebuild watch band

Can I completely rebuild a jubilee watch band? Not just take the links out but take every part of it apart?

Re: completely rebuild watch band

I'm not sure if I fully understand the question, but it would be dependant on the specific bracelet. Some are built with screws or pins in every link up to the endlinks (rare) and they could easily be completely taken apart. Most have screws or pins for the first 3 - 5 links on each end, and then the rest are friction-fit with great pressure and cannot be taken apart without ruining the bracelet, so don't try if you care about it.

Are you asking because you have one that you want to clean completely? If so, you can do this in an ultrasonic bath without taking it apart, and will clean out all the nooks and crannies.
    Influence is like the wind...

I have a two tone Heuer band I need to take apart and send out to be re-coated. It is also stretched some.

There is a youtube video of someone redoing a rolex band so I figured it was possible on mine.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It can be done, if you have the tools, but might be easier to send to a pro and pay to get it refreshed.

To eliminate the stretch in the bracelet will require inspection and possible correction of the screwbars, friction pins, or whatever links it, as well as checking the tolerances within the hollow link tubes themselves to make sure they are not out of round and making sure each link seats correctly to the surrounding ones.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Thread Information