WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Correct way to wear 2-ring Zulu?

7K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  KOsage 
#1 ·
I bought this 2 ring Zulu and I like it, but not sure, am I supposed to stuff the extra length of strap back into the two rings by the buckle? There isn't a lot of extra strap, so it seems like way overkill for the two steel rings to hold this tiny bit of strap, am I doing it right? thx.

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't think there is a "wrong" way to wear a zulu. Just wear it the way you like. The way you're doing it is one way some guys wear it. The other way is to weave the tag end of the strap between the 2 rings

#5 ·
Thanks guys... I like the strap, but it doesn't seem quite right under the wrist with those two rings. I have several other 4-ring NATOs. Anyway, I guess I'll fold the little extra piece for now underneath.

#6 ·
I received a Bond Zulu with a watch I purchased and for the life of me I can't figure out how to wear the strap comfortably. Part of my problem is I have a small wrist so I have several inches of excess band.

How are you guys shortening your strap? Cutting it with a sharp object then melting the ends with a lighter?

#7 ·
I hold a quarter down on the strap and cut it with a fresh X-Acto, tracing the edge of the quarter. Then, yes I melt the edge flat. I heat it and sort of lightly "tap" it with my fingertip while it's soft. The whole process take a few minutes.

Josh

#8 ·
I never thought of cutting it, I guess that sort of makes having the two big keeper rings underneath way overkill then. I'm scratching my head on the 2 ring Zulu now trying to figure out what's the point? I see the purpose of a NATO, the rings hold the extra length, which is used to put the strap over a flight suit or wetsuit. But don't really see a technical reason then for my Zulu!

#9 · (Edited)
How about this way?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.