Croc Straps by PeterWatchAcc
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By crappbag

Thread: Croc Straps by PeterWatchAcc

Croc Straps by PeterWatchAcc

I wanted to write very briefly about my experiences with Peter's watch straps which some of you may be familiar with.

TLDR: I have had nothing but a positive experience over two straps. Peter can be contacted at [email protected].

I was originally referred to Peter through a post I found on Watchuseek and contacted him via his email after browsing his FB page for more pics.

My first strap was a black croc with ivory stitching to go with my IWC Mark XII. The experience of ordering the strap was very smooth, I sent Peter a description of the type of strap I was looking for and the specs (+ pics of similar straps) and after a bit of back and forth we agreed to lock in an order. About 8 weeks from order placed to delivered in my hands but included a delay in Peter sourcing the leather.
    The strap itself is a well made, high quality croc with clear hand stitching. Originally came a bit stiff but has softened with time.

Name:  DSC00630.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  823.4 KB

The second strap I ordered was a navy blue croc with matched stitching for my Reverso Classique. This one also took 8 weeks to complete and deliver.
    Again, a good quality strap and none of the stiffness that I experienced with the first.

Name:  DSC09821.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  1.21 MB

One thing I would caveat with Peter (and any bespoke strap maker) is to be very specific about what you want, the more details the better. Things like specifying the grain type (large or small scales), how much padding etc not just the standard length and width requirements. Peter has always been happy to accommodate my requests.
    CastorTroy3 likes this.

Re: Croc Straps by PeterWatchAcc

I am not often a big fan of contrast stitching, but on the IWC it works wonderfully.

Congrats on both.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

Quote Originally Posted by gangrel View Post
    I am not often a big fan of contrast stitching, but on the IWC it works wonderfully.

Congrats on both.
    Agree, I definitely don't prefer it either but decided on it when i got the watch and saw how bright and legible the markers and digits on the dial are.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

He made some great straps for me a few years back. A couple weren't made to spec, but he remade them. He ran into a spell when he had difficulty sourcing good skins, but he was honorable to admit it rather than send inferior straps. His communication was always good. Then he started asking that I pay by gift in order for him to avoid paypal fees. So I don't buy from him anymore.

Nothing but good experiences for me with Peter. Highly recommended.

Thread Information