Crown & Buckle Ravenna Leather Strap Review
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Dan Pierce

Thread: Crown & Buckle Ravenna Leather Strap Review

Crown & Buckle Ravenna Leather Strap Review

Up for review is the Ravenna leather strap from Crown & Buckle. I bought this strap for a +40 year old vintage Tudor DD [should be back from a service soon] and wanted something a little different. C&B advertises this strap as a semi gloss finish with a slightly uneven tone that will develop a nice natural patina. Exactly what I was looking for and it's a good thing because the strap arrived with a few small scratches from handling. Again, no worries, exactly what I wanted. The finish is not fragile by any means but the semi gloss finish will show creases and nicks rather easy. Not a negative though as this strap would look great on vintage as well as any modern timepiece.

The ordering was very easy from the C&B website, communication was fast, as was the delivery.

The Ravenna came with a very nice, robust thumbnail style buckle but since it came with an oversized keeper, there's no taper to the strap, and since I had a V style buckle laying around, I decided it was an appropriate touch. The strap is flexible and comfortable right out of the box and no need for a break in period.

The raw edges add to the tool watch vibe but don't look out of place on a dressier watch either. Measuring 3.5mm thick it's thin enough not to overwhelm a 40mm watch yet thick enough to feel substantial and exude quality.

The lining is super soft contrasting black leather, complete w/ C&B logo.

Unique is the perfect description for this strap. Quality materials and construction at a very reasonable price point.

All in all a great strap and highly recommended.

dP

Re: Crown & Buckle Ravenna Leather Strap Review

Nice looking combo. Enjoy!

Re: Crown & Buckle Ravenna Leather Strap Review

I've been looking at that strap for a while now. Thanks for the write up. Just what I was looking for.

Thread Information