Curved end links vs. case diameter

Thread: Curved end links vs. case diameter

Curved end links vs. case diameter

Greetings all,

I am looking for feedback/advice on those who have ordered aftermarket bracelets, with curved end links, designed to fit a certain case diameter, say 42mm, and how these fit on smaller (eg. 40mm) or larger (eg. 44mm) cases. Did you find the gaps, at the ends or at the center, acceptable or did it drive you nuts?

Thanks for your input. BTW, I did a search and didn't find anything that was relevant so, apologies if this has been addressed previously.

Re: Curved end links vs. case diameter

Hit or miss with matching up aftermarket curved ends to watch cases. Some fit fine, some do not.

Much better chance of success with a leather curved end strap than a aftermarket bracelet, IMHO.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Thanks Nokie. So, I guess it can be an issue. From your suggestion, is that because the leather is more pliable and can fit the contour of the variable diameter case?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I've had no issues using the older, Rolex jubilees interchangeably on 36 and 40mm models, but these were the versions with flexible, hollow end pieces. More modern bracelets with solid end pieces have little or no give-- the lug holes either fit or they absolutely don't. I've also got a couple ML Masterpieces, and the 42mm model came with a bracelet that looks like a perfect fit for the 38mm moonphase. The end pieces look like they were made for either model, but the lug holes are a tiny bit different, so won't go.

If you find something like the Hadley Roma oyster with hollow end links, they can be made to fit all sorts of watch cases.

Quote Originally Posted by slcbbrown View Post
    I've had no issues using the older, Rolex jubilees interchangeably on 36 and 40mm models, but these were the versions with flexible, hollow end pieces. More modern bracelets with solid end pieces have little or no give-- the lug holes either fit or they absolutely don't. I've also got a couple ML Masterpieces, and the 42mm model came with a bracelet that looks like a perfect fit for the 38mm moonphase. The end pieces look like they were made for either model, but the lug holes are a tiny bit different, so won't go.

If you find something like the Hadley Roma oyster with hollow end links, they can be made to fit all sorts of watch cases.
    Thanks for this. Seems one can't have solid end links (preferred for quality and substance) and flexibility of fit. Sounds like a compromise will have to be made.

Non-metal bands of whatever material have a bit more flex to work them into place so a curved leather strap gives you some working room.

A good bracelet should fit exactly flush with the case and design of the watch, leather and such can get by a little easier visually.

You can find good aftermarket bracelets that fit nice and flush, but sometimes you have to shop around until you get one that works good, at least in my experience.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Thread Information