Deployant clasp issue..
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Deployant clasp issue..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Member JohnnyKarate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,254

    Deployant clasp issue..

    Picked up this Hadley Roma deployant but i think it may be a dud. It's my first one so i don't know if this is to be expected or not. The problem is the fold over pin part doesn't stay closed. When you put the pin in the the hole should it click in place ? It keeps unhinging itself causing the strap to fall through. Kind of hard to explain but i have added a few pics of the part i'm talking about.

    Name:  watch 2.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  86.9 KBName:  watch.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  68.7 KB

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    901

    Re: Deployant clasp issue..

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKarate View Post
    Picked up this Hadley Roma deployant but i think it may be a dud. It's my first one so i don't know if this is to be expected or not. The problem is the fold over pin part doesn't stay closed. When you put the pin in the the hole should it click in place ? It keeps unhinging itself causing the strap to fall through. Kind of hard to explain but i have added a few pics of the part i'm talking about.

    Name:  watch 2.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  86.9 KBName:  watch.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  68.7 KB
    I have a similar designed deployant from Amazon. It should definitely lock into place.


    Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Member JohnnyKarate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,254

    Re: Deployant clasp issue..

    Quote Originally Posted by Raydius View Post
    I have a similar designed deployant from Amazon. It should definitely lock into place.


    Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    Hmmm ya i figured. It had good reviews and you seem to be happy with yours so i think i will exchange rather than refund. Thanks.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member Fatz028's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lehigh Valley, PA & Wilemstad, Curaçao
    Posts
    2,096

    Re: Deployant clasp issue..

    Yes it should lock. I have an 18mm and a 20mm. The 20mm is on a thick strap and it stays locked. So yours might be defective. How thick is your strap?

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    734

    Re: Deployant clasp issue..

    I bought a Fluco from Amazon. Very impressed.

  7. #6
    Member JohnnyKarate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,254

    Re: Deployant clasp issue..

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatz028 View Post
    Yes it should lock. I have an 18mm and a 20mm. The 20mm is on a thick strap and it stays locked. So yours might be defective. How thick is your strap?
    Ya i have the 20mm clasp for my 22mm band. It is only 3.5mm thick where it closes, plus even when i don't put the band through it doesn't click closed. Well it kind of clicks but it opens VERY easy.

  8. #7
    Member JohnnyKarate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,254

    Re: Deployant clasp issue..

    Quote Originally Posted by UofRSpider View Post
    I bought a Fluco from Amazon. Very impressed.
    Ya unfortunately with Amazon.ca my options we're limited.

  9. #8
    Member Nokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Marin County, CA
    Posts
    27,895

    Re: Deployant clasp issue..

    It should lock down tight, so could be defective or it has trouble with the thickness of the strap. Hope you get it sorted out.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

    "The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    234

    Re: Deployant clasp issue..

    It is very likely that the sides of the clasp are what holds the piece in place and it has become loose. You can try to squeeze it a little by hand to see if it makes any difference. Do not over do, as if this is the problem now, then by making it too tight you will have difficulty opening again.

    See the picture below, I have circled in red as to where you should tighten. If you do it and see it is getting better, can then try a little more pressure, the trick is to give small amounts of pressure in small doses until you find the right place.

    Name:  watch1.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  72.4 KB

    Hope it works
    JohnnyKarate likes this.

  11. #10
    Member JohnnyKarate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,254

    Re: Deployant clasp issue..

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony N View Post
    It is very likely that the sides of the clasp are what holds the piece in place and it has become loose. You can try to squeeze it a little by hand to see if it makes any difference. Do not over do, as if this is the problem now, then by making it too tight you will have difficulty opening again.

    See the picture below, I have circled in red as to where you should tighten. If you do it and see it is getting better, can then try a little more pressure, the trick is to give small amounts of pressure in small doses until you find the right place.

    Hope it works
    Hey thanks for the advice. Ya i actually tried that when i had it (Since sent it back to Amazon) but it wouldn't get any tighter. In the process of getting a new one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Help Needed: Tissot Deployant Clasp Issue
      By badger98 in forum Tissot
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: October 6th, 2016, 17:30
    2. FS : 20mm or 22mm Heavy Mesh Band on Submariner Clasp or Deployant Clasp
      By Strapcode in forum Watches - Straps & Bracelets
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: November 26th, 2014, 01:55
    3. FS : 20mm or 22mm Heavy Mesh Band on Submariner Clasp or Deployant Clasp
      By Strapcode in forum Watches - Straps & Bracelets
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: November 7th, 2014, 01:53
    4. FS : 20mm or 22mm Heavy Mesh Band on Submariner Clasp or Deployant Clasp
      By Strapcode in forum Watches - Books, Parts, Tools, Winders & other Accessories
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: October 28th, 2013, 03:08
    5. FS Rubber Dive Strap/Deployant, Two Piece Zulu and Deployant Clasp
      By RALaustin in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: November 5th, 2008, 22:04

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •