DestrISOfrane

Thread: DestrISOfrane

DestrISOfrane

My best friend gave me an ISOfrane that he couldn't clean. I tried to clean it with everything from dish soap to goof off. No luck.
    Here's a picture of the strap next to the unused dive extension for comparison:

I thought it would be cool to have an Olive Drab ISO, and I figured that orange and light blue would make OD. Oooppps. So I tried to remove it with Goof Off, Oooppps. I was all in now. It's not as easy to Dye the mighty ISO as one would think.
    So began the series of applying different colored permanent marker and removing it with goof off , cooking oil, and dish soap. Each time a little more stayed.
    I continued to try to remove as much as possible between applications because this not being my first go at making the world a better place with a permanent marker, I knew that with skin oil the ink will become impermanent and get on my clothes. Ouch! Not good.
    During this process of dyeing the surface of the strap, I also used a black marker to emphasize depth by doing the sides, vent holes, and ladder lines. In a sense, giving it shading. PoP!
    I stabilized the dye by washing it a million times in oil then soap, and voila!

..............................................for romeo-1 or anyone else.............................................. .................................................. ....
    "To Conquer the Sea is to Conquer the Soul"

Re: DestrISOfrane

I like it! That strap kicks all kinds of ass!!! Mad Max Isofrane!
    Chuck Norris doesn't wear a watch...HE decides what time it is.

Re: DestrISOfrane

Not something I would have tried, but I really like your results. Looks Great
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Watch List:

AQUADIVE - B/100 Bronze 008/100, DOXA - 1000T Professional 615/5000, H2O - 2000m Orca Diver, TAWATEC - 300m Titan, WILSON WATCH WORKS - 2K Diver 45/50, HAMILTON - Vintage Electra, CASIO -G-Shock 6600, CASIO-Protrek 2500T

Incoming Soon:

WILSON WATCH WORKS -
    1K Diver 45/50

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Great results! Good job ;)
    GW-200Z
    G-9000MS MIRB
    DW-5600MS MIRB
    Victorinox Classic Chrono Ti
    SEIKO 6309s