Di-Modell says replace strap every 6-12 months!

Thread: Di-Modell says replace strap every 6-12 months!

Di-Modell says replace strap every 6-12 months!

I just got my Chronissimo band in the mail and I was reading over the warranty information. At the end it states that:

"...the leather strap has a limited lifespan and should be replaced every 6 to 12 months."

OK, I think we know that Di-Modell straps are not cheap. Do they seriously believe that I am going to pop for a new one in as little as 6 months?

Reminds me of the instructions on shampoo bottles, "wash, rince and repeat."

Re: Di-Modell says replace strap every 6-12 months!

I don't know how long any given strap will last if worn daily. depends on the environment, how often you remove your watch and put it back on, etc. This is also assuming you have only one watch and one strap. I started this insanity last May and I now have 8 watches and another coming, 5 steel bracelets, 13 leather, 16 NATO/Zulu and 7 rubber/silicone straps so there's no telling how long a given strap will last as most of them get equal air time.

I would expect to get over a year of daily wear from a strap that is taken care of or I might not be inclined to buy another.
    Current favorites:
    Squale Y1545 20 ATMOS Militaire (Original) Ser. No. 0001; Sturmanskie Open Space 24Hr Ser. No. 199/250; Glycine Airman 17; Seiko Prospex PADI SRPA21;
    AirNautic Early Bird 24hr #20; Bathys Black Aquaculture; Citizen Eco-Zilla SS; Corvus Bradley #44; Hamilton Field Mechanical 44mm;
    Luminox 8202; OCEAN7 LM-1LE 41/150; LM-3V2B #26; LM-7 #7; Seiko SKX007K2; Squale 50 ATMOS; + about 25 more
    Incoming: NADA

I've been trying for some time to develop a lifestyle that doesn't require my presence.- Garry Trudeau
    Time has little to do with infinity and jelly donuts. - Lt. "Mac" McReynolds

I would agree with Di-Modell but only if I had one watch and wore it every day. By the end of 12 months it would be pretty nasty in my opinion!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Probably there for legal reasons, people sending watches back after 12 months and complaining it doesn't look new any more... or people complaining that they get nasty after some use. Or possibly because their waterproof straps tend to get used more for swimming etc and this has an impact on the life of the strap.

Makes you wonder about the really expensive straps... the genuine Breitling crocos for example go well into the hundreds of pounds.

[ Collection : Breitling Superocean Steelfish - Utinam Orbis 24H - Seiko "Compass" 24 Hour - Citizen Titanium Chronograph - Guess G3 Steel - Dolphin 24 Hour - Quartz Cufflinks ]

A WELL MADE STRAP SHOULD LAST MANY YEARS! John Wilson

"Man fears time; time fears the Pyramids"

I expect at LEAST a lifetime of use out of my Delaurian straps..

Quote Originally Posted by PhilR View Post
    I expect at LEAST a lifetime of use out of my Delaurian straps..

How much does he charge for something like that?

Thread Information