Do 2-piece unlined nylon straps exist without NATO rings?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BrentYYC

Thread: Do 2-piece unlined nylon straps exist without NATO rings?

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Member UnfortunateDateWindow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    220

    Do 2-piece unlined nylon straps exist without NATO rings?

    What I'm trying to find is like a two-piece version of these Marathon nylon straps, or an unlined version of Hadley Roma Cordura straps.

    Effectively, NATO-like woven nylon (ideally in NATO-like colors and patterns) but a 2-piece design, without the NATO metal rings to hold the excess, and without any leather or rubber lining like the Cordura.

    Seems like you can get all but one of those simultaneously. Am I missing something?

    My goal is a summer strap that's almost as breathable as perlon, but strong enough for a heavy watch like a Damasko, without adding thickness by going under the watch like a one-piece NATO, and without the abundance of metal rings (they're not my style). Basically a nylon version of the most basic, common watch-strap form.

    Or I'll just resolve myself to only wearing my lightest-weight watch on perlon, or the one watch I own on a bracelet, in the summer. But I like options. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Member ZIPPER79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Northern, Ca.
    Posts
    2,384

    Re: Do 2-piece unlined nylon straps exist without NATO rings?

    Check clockwork synergy and look under sale section, also eBay.....it's easy...

    Quote Originally Posted by UnfortunateDateWindow View Post
    What I'm trying to find is like a two-piece version of these Marathon nylon straps, or an unlined version of Hadley Roma Cordura straps.

    Effectively, NATO-like woven nylon (ideally in NATO-like colors and patterns) but a 2-piece design, without the NATO metal rings to hold the excess, and without any leather or rubber lining like the Cordura.

    Seems like you can get all but one of those simultaneously. Am I missing something?

    My goal is a summer strap that's almost as breathable as perlon, but strong enough for a heavy watch like a Damasko, without adding thickness by going under the watch like a one-piece NATO, and without the abundance of metal rings (they're not my style). Basically a nylon version of the most basic, common watch-strap form.

    Or I'll just resolve myself to only wearing my lightest-weight watch on perlon, or the one watch I own on a bracelet, in the summer. But I like options. Thanks!
    Lee Rappeport



    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________

    PREVIOUSLY OWNED

    Glycine Vacuum, Glycine Observer (2), Glycine Power reserve DLC, Rolex sub no date(1967), Rolex sub Chronometer movement, Bulova Accutron RR edition,
    Seiko Orange monster, IWC 38mm Pilot, Chronoswiss Kairos SS, Steinhart O1V, Oris BC3, Oris triple complication, Tissot Sea Star, MK II Seafighter, Seiko SNKF11, Steinhart Ocean 44, Steinhart Ocean Black GMT, Seiko SRP 777 TURTLE, Seiko SUN045 50th Anniversary Kinetic.

    CURRENTLY OWN

    Hamilton Barton (circa 1951), Seiko SBBN035 TUNA, Bulova Lunar Pilot with date, and a $5.00 quartz watch.....

  3. #3
    Member Nokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Marin County, CA
    Posts
    28,030

    Re: Do 2-piece unlined nylon straps exist without NATO rings?

    Check with B&R Bands and Amazon as well.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

    "The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member BrentYYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California
    Posts
    5,850

    Re: Do 2-piece unlined nylon straps exist without NATO rings?

    Google 'two-piece RAF strap' and you will find them. If memory serves, watchbandgirl.com has a good selection. theregimentalshop.com also carries a great selection in true regimental color schemes (although they seem to be lined and more expensive than WBG).

    Here's an example from theregimentalshop.com.

    Name:  636b_large.jpeg
Views: 111
Size:  9.2 KB
    You can also find lots of solid color 2-piece RAF straps like this one on eBay.

    Name:  $_1.JPG
Views: 90
Size:  19.7 KB
    Last edited by BrentYYC; August 16th, 2016 at 17:35.
    Nokie likes this.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    southern New Mexico
    Posts
    8,856

    Re: Do 2-piece unlined nylon straps exist without NATO rings?

    Finding multi-color perlon would be tricky, but Eulit's gone to 2-piece with their perlon, if solid colors can work for you. I've seen 2-color perlon, but it's inherently a criss-cross weave. Getting a color mix that works is non-trivial.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

    Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

  7. #6
    Member UnfortunateDateWindow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    220

    Re: Do 2-piece unlined nylon straps exist without NATO rings?

    Quote Originally Posted by BrentYYC View Post
    Google 'two-piece RAF strap' and you will find them. If memory serves, watchbandgirl.com has a good selection. theregimentalshop.com also carries a great selection in true regimental color schemes (although they seem to be lined and more expensive than WBG).
    Great leads, thanks.

    Watchband Girl looks like they have the most of what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, all of their images appear to be broken for at least the last day. Hopefully they fix their site soon so I can actually try to buy something.

  8. #7
    Member BrentYYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California
    Posts
    5,850

    Re: Do 2-piece unlined nylon straps exist without NATO rings?

    Quote Originally Posted by UnfortunateDateWindow View Post
    Great leads, thanks.

    Watchband Girl looks like they have the most of what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, all of their images appear to be broken for at least the last day. Hopefully they fix their site soon so I can actually try to buy something.
    Shoot them a message. They're probably not aware of the problem.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. FS : 24mm NATO 5 Rings Zulu Heavy/Hard Thread Nylon Black Watch Straps
      By Strapcode in forum Watches - Books, Parts, Tools, Winders & other Accessories
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: April 1st, 2014, 03:44
    2. FS : 24mm NATO 5 Rings Zulu Heavy/Hard Thread Nylon Black Watch Straps
      By Strapcode in forum Watches - Books, Parts, Tools, Winders & other Accessories
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: March 7th, 2014, 02:05
    3. FS : 24mm NATO 5 Rings Zulu Heavy/Hard Thread Nylon Black Watch Straps
      By Strapcode in forum Watches - Straps & Bracelets
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: October 30th, 2013, 03:54
    4. FS : 24mm NATO 5 Rings Zulu Heavy/Hard Thread Nylon Black Watch Straps
      By Strapcode in forum Watches - Straps & Bracelets
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: October 4th, 2013, 03:09
    5. FS : 24mm NATO 5 Rings Zulu Heavy/Hard Thread Nylon Black Watch Straps
      By Strapcode in forum Watches - Straps & Bracelets
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: September 10th, 2013, 03:47

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •