Do Erika's straps deserve the price? - Page 107
Like Tree1478Likes

Thread: Do Erika's straps deserve the price?

Page 107 of 108 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1079

Re: Do Erika's straps deserve the price?

Quote Originally Posted by fracture. View Post
    Oh yeah, I get it now. But Shamal looks EXACTLY like my chestnut straps...must be the lighting, camera or screens I guess.

Yeah I give up then, I see no difference between the new and the old strap.

Single fold might be older design then, that Sahara strap must be over a year old. All of my straps have double layer folds and I bought all of them in the past 18 months or so.
    Yeah it's my bad lighting. I have the Chestnut and that is deep brown. But I can see where the confusion was. Actually that was the reason why I didn't picture then together lol. Well in my mind anyway.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Old trident (bottom) vs new black ops (top) - to me the newer version has slightly tighter stitching and feels a little more pliable. Not a big difference but the two-sided stitching does have a higher quality look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BrianMcKay likes this.

That does indeed look better. So the fold at the end is still double layer, right?

I want one now. Also black ops with white stitching.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I got a Chestnut and, although I like the general fit of it, I'm kind of disappointed with the material: it's just too rough to my tastes. I was expecting something as soft as a fabric.

I bought two generic models from a seller in my country (I have no idea where he got them) and I liked the material more: it's still elastic, but way much softer. Cons: not many colors available and the fit isn't as good as in Erika's.

That said, I still might buy one more from Erika, which is the Shamal.

Quote Originally Posted by kpjimmy View Post
    Correct the Chestnut is no longer offered. I was referring to the Shamal(the new one 8 bought at the new price) in my recent pics next to the Sahara which is the slightly older strap I bought about a year ago.

Not sure, but I think you may still be able to buy one Chestnut if you email her. I'm saying this because someone asked in her IG about another model discontinued (I forgot the name now, it's a tricolor one with shades of purple and grey) and she replied that she could still sell it if you email her directly.
    kpjimmy and thejollywatcher like this.

After wear my Erica's for.... 8 days, and my CheapestNatoStraps version for 3 months I think Erica's is much better. The full wrap vs partial is much more secure. And I find the material MUCH better on the Erica's. Is it worth $75? Maybe not... But I know she's worked hard at them, tours the world in support, and provides great customer support, which I will gladly pay for. I know I'll be ordering another one soon.
    kpjimmy, fish70 and BrianMcKay like this.
    Wrist: 6.75

Tudor Black Bay 58
    1966 Omega Constellation
    Bulova Lunar Pilot
    Seiko SKX007
    Vostok Amphibian /Komandirskie

Brother of OoO

Instagram: Offset_Crown

There are many that sell softer feeling ones. Like Nick Mankey's or 20mm versions of the watch steward. But IMO they all have a place in my usage. Nothing has changed my mind in regards to ordering again. The fit for my 6.5 inch wrists.

JML

I have several of Erika's straps and I'm now seeing micro-fraying of the edges of the strap that go through the slotsizing slider. I believe that's because the internal edges of the slider aren't smoothed after being cut, and they abrade the strap every time the strap and slider are moved. If you have the new version of her hardware, can you tell if the inner edges have been polished or smoothed after being cut? From Erika's website, it looks as if the outer edges of the new hardware are slightly rounded (but not polished smooth). I can't tell definitively what's been changed on the hardware from the photos in this thread.

I had used sandpaper to smooth the outer edges of the older version of the hardware (polished and brushed) because I thought the hardware looks much better that way but there's no way to do that on the inner edges of the slider after the strap is sewn to the hardware. I don't think that changing the strap material would avoid this problem. Smoothing the outer edges is nice, cosmetically, but the inner edges are what contacts the elastic strap and if the inner edges of the slider aren't smooth then the strap edges will be abraded when the slider is moved.

The Nick Mankey hardware (old and new versions) has smoother edges on every edge, inner and outer. But they're cast zinc and not cut from plate stainless steel, and the edges of the two pieces of hardware are all smooth and rounded.
    Last edited by JML; 1 Week Ago at 21:07.
    ** Aérowatch Pilot Chronograph ** Casio Edifice EQSA500B-1AV ** Casio Edifice EQW-A1200RP-1AER ** Casio Oceanus OCW-T2600L-1AJF ** Casio ProTrek PRW2500-1A ** Citizen AT4008-51E ** Citizen AT8020-54L ** Filson Mackinaw Chronograph 11000310 ** G-Shock GW3000BD-1ACR ** Limes Cartouche ** Limes Nightflight Vintage Black ** Maratac SR-35 DLC-X1 ** Seiko Seiko SRPA21 PADI Mod ** Seiko SRP777 Mod ** Sinn 356 Flieger ** Stowa Flieger Classic 40 HW ** Traser P6506 Commander **

15% BLACKFRIDAY

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
    52hurtz, simonp67 and Quartersawn like this.

Yes! Was just going to post this - comes out to $63 for a strap - less than the previous price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoTraveler View Post
    Not sure, but I think you may still be able to buy one Chestnut if you email her. I'm saying this because someone asked in her IG about another model discontinued (I forgot the name now, it's a tricolor one with shades of purple and grey) and she replied that she could still sell it if you email her directly.
    I was able to buy a Chestnut a few days after it was taken off the site. I emailed to ask if it would be back and she said she still had a bit of that material left.
    kpjimmy likes this.

Thread Information