Do Erika's straps deserve the price?
Like Tree1322Likes

Thread: Do Erika's straps deserve the price?

Page 1 of 94 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 934
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    40

    Do Erika's straps deserve the price?

    I love nato straps, for me they are the most comfortable straps in summer and in winter.

    so, I'm thinking about to buy a Erika's nato strap in desert colour.

    The price is 55€ (whit shipping), normal nato in good quality is 3-4€.

    Does it deserve the price?

    Name:  e0944932cf61b6f1e4a2500edeabbb71.jpg
Views: 4308
Size:  231.9 KB
    https://......./images/rGdXBW
    Last edited by Arkanjel; February 22nd, 2018 at 20:42.

  2. #2
    Member smille76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    3,520

    Re: Do Erika's straps deserve the price?

    No.

    Glorified elastic/textile band.

    I have 2 and while they give you a great fit due to the infinitely adjustable elastic hook, the texture is rough and uncomfortable. Also, the lug size is neither 22mm or 20mm...something in between and fits randomly either too loose or too tight.

    The watchgecko NATO with a marine nationale look is a better buy IMO.

    Cheers

    Seb

    Sent from my Motorola StarTAC 70
    Last edited by smille76; February 22nd, 2018 at 21:58.
    Worn recently:

    Zenton M45/Karlskrona Baltic Shield/Vostok Amphibia/Seiko SNE245

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    40

    Re: Do Erika's straps deserve the price?

    Quote Originally Posted by smille76 View Post
    No.

    Glorified elastic/textile band.

    I have 2 and while they give you a great fit due to the infinitely adjustable elastic hook, the texture is rough and uncomfortable. Also, the lug size is neither 22mm or 20mm...something in between and fits randomly either too loose or too tight.

    The watchgecko NATO with a marine nationale look is a better buy IMO.

    Cheers

    Seb

    Sent from my Motorola StarTAC 70

    Thanks,

    But I like erika's overall about elastic hook, because look like comfortable,
    I can't find another nato with a similar textil.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member smille76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    3,520

    Re: Do Erika's straps deserve the price?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkanjel View Post
    Thanks,

    But I like erika's overall about elastic hook, because look like comfortable,
    I can't find another nato with a similar textil.
    Try a watchgecko NATO with the marine nationale colors.

    The textile they use is very soft, thin, flexible and comfortable and the strap wears less bulky than a real MN from Erika.

    Cheers


    Seb

    Sent from my Motorola StarTAC 70
    BrianMcKay and tomherczog like this.
    Worn recently:

    Zenton M45/Karlskrona Baltic Shield/Vostok Amphibia/Seiko SNE245

  6. #5
    Member Michael Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,816

    Re: Do Erika's straps deserve the price?

    Absolutely not. But if you want one you have to pay.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mavan Enthusiast
    ~~~~~~~~~~~

    The time is secondary.

  7. #6
    Member skunkworks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1,155

    Re: Do Erika's straps deserve the price?

    Quote Originally Posted by smille76 View Post
    Try a watchgecko NATO with the marine nationale colors.

    The textile they use is very soft, thin, flexible and comfortable and the strap wears less bulky than a real MN from Erika.

    Cheers


    Seb

    Sent from my Motorola StarTAC 70
    I have both the gecko and the Erikas and I like the Erikas more mostly because it is LESS bulky and more comfortable than the gecko NATO. It's the 2 layers of strap under the watch with a NATO I don't like, and all the extra tucked up fabric. Definitely Erikas seems overpriced, but people pay it and the market sets the price I suppose. I actually just ordered another Erikas, so to me they are worth it, but I probably have 100 NATO's and only 2 Erikas. If you just want the look, grab the gecko tho.

    Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    40

    Re: Do Erika's straps deserve the price?

    Quote Originally Posted by smille76 View Post
    Try a watchgecko NATO with the marine nationale colors.

    The textile they use is very soft, thin, flexible and comfortable and the strap wears less bulky than a real MN from Erika.

    Cheers


    Seb

    Sent from my Motorola StarTAC 70
    Quote Originally Posted by skunkworks View Post
    I have both the gecko and the Erikas and I like the Erikas more mostly because it is LESS bulky and more comfortable than the gecko NATO. It's the 2 layers of strap under the watch with a NATO I don't like, and all the extra tucked up fabric. Definitely Erikas seems overpriced, but people pay it and the market sets the price I suppose. I actually just ordered another Erikas, so to me they are worth it, but I probably have 100 NATO's and only 2 Erikas. If you just want the look, grab the gecko tho.

    Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

    thank you so much!!!

    I want the erika's not for the look, i don't like field look of the nato, I want it for the comfortable and durability, because I love to use nato all year, in summer, winter, mountain, beach, doing sport or even whith a shirt.

    I have over 50 natos too, in so many colours, but in the end I love solid colors, grey, black, veige, red.....

    I was thinking in sahara erika's nato, is veige.

    I prefer less bulky, and you are true, i prefer erika's way than normally natos, i don't like how to look like the extra material with same watches
    Last edited by Arkanjel; February 22nd, 2018 at 23:14.
    TJ Boogie likes this.

  9. #8
    Member smille76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    3,520

    Re: Do Erika's straps deserve the price?

    Hi,

    You seem pretty much convinced to get one without asking for advice here.

    Try one and see for yourself. They have their advantages vs a regular NATO strap but they are quite overpriced and the feel of the material is quite rough.

    They are not bad but I won't get another for sure.

    S.

    Sent from my Motorola StarTAC 70
    Chromejob likes this.
    Worn recently:

    Zenton M45/Karlskrona Baltic Shield/Vostok Amphibia/Seiko SNE245

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    40

    Re: Do Erika's straps deserve the price?

    If i find something better or cheaper but with the things that i like from erika's i will buy it, i don't care the company or the name of the nato.

  11. #10
    Member TJ Boogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Seattle-LA-NY
    Posts
    2,942

    Re: Do Erika's straps deserve the price?

    I just bought 2, so we'll see. Erika's customer service was incredible.

    Here are my expectations: 1. Comfort. 2. Durability 3. Syling 4. Adjustment to the perfect size without the extra fabric 5. 1 pass of fabric under the watch, so it will lay almost flat on my wrist

    We'll see, I bought a great navy blue Trident for my Tudor, and an Original for my OVM. They should arrive soon.
    Best Regards,

    --Todd

Page 1 of 94 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. FSOT: Two 22 mm Leather Straps for the price of half!
      By victarro in forum Watches - Straps & Bracelets
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: September 16th, 2014, 03:25
    2. FS: Two 26mm straps for the price of one
      By fna2005 in forum Watches - Straps & Bracelets
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: June 14th, 2014, 17:17
    3. SOLD: 4 Brand New Straps for the Price of 1 - 20,22,24,26mm
      By Pee Dee in forum Watches - Straps & Bracelets
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: August 19th, 2013, 22:58
    4. Replies: 2
      Last Post: August 30th, 2009, 14:58
    5. Three straps for the price of one!
      By victarro in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: March 24th, 2007, 02:53

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •