Do you preffer thick or thin bands?

Thread: Do you preffer thick or thin bands?

Do you preffer thick or thin bands?

I like a thicker band, but seems like the higher end watches use thin bands, like Rolex.

Re: Do you preffer thick or thin bands?

I'm happy at 20mm or 22mm less than that does not suit my wrist.

edit : sorry are you talking about strap width or literally how thick/chunky a bracelet/strap is ?

It depends on the watch, but as long as its broken in they both have their place in my collection. The dressier the watch, the thinner I prefer.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by PatAz View Post
    I like a thicker band, but seems like the higher end watches use thin bands, like Rolex.
    I prefer thicker straps.

The Di-Modell Chronissimo is a pretty thick strap, but it is the most comfortable strap I have for my GMT Master:

"So?"
    -Andrew Breitbart 1969-2012

I agree. Dress watches look classier with minimal to flat (no padding) straps, esp. exotic skins. Thick straps (beef jerky variety) lend themselves well with sport types esp. Fleigers. I think the exotics in a thick strap should be of the coarser portion skins like hornback croc., elephant, shark, ostrich leg, etc. to have the right vibe; while smaller/smoother scales lend themselves better to dress watch's flat straps; ex. Teju lizard, Bamboo and small scale alligator/croc, ostrich quill, etc. for that class/elegant vibe. Oh, and rubber needs to be Italian, pure rubber (no polyurethane, silicone) and the thicker the better. IMHO of course :)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjt2 View Post
    It depends on the watch, but as long as its broken in they both have their place in my collection. The dressier the watch, the thinner I prefer.
    Last edited by Aerofish; February 14th, 2012 at 23:31.

Thick. The reason so many top watch brand makers sell their watches with wimpy, thin and often poor quality is obvious. I was looking at some breitling watches one day and not one of them had a nice strap. Even the one's costing 10k or more. My 27 cents :)

Admin Note: DO NOT put your business name in your signature unless you are a Sponsor.

Very nice watch, but I think that it looks stunning on bracelet only... (just my opinion of course)

Depends on the watch. My vintage dress watches use very thin lizard & alligator straps. My Laco Flieger watch uses thick strap, similar to the thickness of full grain leather.
    Fan of manual winds and German makes.

Thread Information