Gator strap from Peter.watchacc – thumbs up
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By ZORD

Thread: Gator strap from Peter.watchacc – thumbs up

Gator strap from Peter.watchacc – thumbs up

Hi to all,

I just wanted to share with you my very positive experience with the wonderful quality strap and great customer service from peter.watchacc from Thailand.

For some time I wanted to switch a rally type strap on my vintage Omega Seamaster for something more elegant, a genuine gator, so I have started to look out for an options sometimes in November last year. During the process I first looked at Di-Modell since I have their gold brown Teju lizard strap on another watch and have been very pleased with it, than Hirsch and the Rios. I thought that the pricing on Di-Modell and Hirsch was a bit steep, the price on Rios was great, but what bothered me was the fact that Rios didn’t produce gator straps in small or mid size, and I was afraid that the regular length would be too long for my wrists. After initial frustration, I’ve decided to look for ideas on my favorite watch forum and learned about Peter, a guy that ran a small manufacture of bespoke straps in Thailand, and thought I should give it a try.

I first contacted Peter mid December, and he replied promptly. I was pretty much determined about the specs: genuine alligator full cut with nice and interesting pattern, matt black (as matt as possible) with black stitching, length 110/70, width 19/16 and thickness tapering from 6 to 3 mm. He fully understood what kind of strap I wanted and the asked price was unbelievable for a bespoke strap (well under 200USD) so I’ve ordered it immediately, paid a deposit, and started to look at one month delivery time.

During the process of ordering we exchanged maybe 20 e-mails. Peter was extremely helpful and patient, answering all my questions in less than one day. The best part was sometimes mid January when Peter contacted me and said that he was not happy with the skin that he had on stock, so he waited for a new batch for my strap. He also said that as a watch collector himself, he will only sell straps of quality that he would be happy with. Despite prolongation, I was pleased that he would use nothing but the best skin for my strap.

Finally beginning of February Peter wrote to let me know the strap was finished. The delivery was stellar ten days, considering how far Thailand is from Bosnia. Strap came in nicely packaged, with a personal note from Peter, written by hand. How about that kind of personalized service?

The pattern is perfect with lots of character. The full cut extends all the way to the end (not turning small scales) which is great. The only thing I wish is that grooves between scales were deeper, but that is just my personal preference. I do not doubt that the Peter could make this if I asked. Padding was perfect, and… it really is matt. I couldn’t see how it could be more matt than this even if it is not evident from pictures where I always get some glare (don’t know why). At first I couldn’t believe how stiff the strap was, but after couple days, it started to conform nicely to my wrist. It looks like it is going to hold on for many years.

In the end, I can only highly recommend watch straps from peter.watchacc. The only downfall I can think of is waiting time for a bespoke strap that can be long (more than two months for me), but the quality is excellent, price comfortable, and you get fully custom strap, tailored to your needs.

Enjoy the pics. I tried to capture the look of the strap as best I could but it wasn’t an easy task. On few pictures the strap looks even bluish and it is not in reality.

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 405
Size:  136.5 KB

Name:  2.JPG
Size:  149.8 KB

Name:  3.JPG
Views: 398
Size:  159.1 KB

Name:  4.JPG
Views: 399
Size:  188.8 KB

Name:  5.JPG
Views: 385
Size:  117.9 KB

Name:  6.JPG
Size:  124.4 KB

Name:  7.JPG
Views: 391
Size:  145.9 KB

Name:  8.JPG
Views: 391
Size:  98.4 KB

Name:  9.JPG
Views: 389
Size:  121.4 KB

Name:  10.JPG
Size:  101.1 KB

Name:  11.JPG
Views: 387
Size:  90.0 KB

Name:  12.JPG
Views: 390
Size:  96.7 KB

Name:  13.JPG
Size:  101.1 KB
    Last edited by ZORD; March 10th, 2014 at 23:09.
    arkane and worrisomebear like this.

Re: Gator strap from Peter.watchacc – thumbs up

Looks very well made and very nice on your watch. Good pictures too.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Banned

I wholeheartedly agree. I wear all of my watches on straps and have around a dozen from Peter, plus three currently in production. I tell him what I want (you can see his current selection of skins in his TZ posts; spec length, width, thickness, stitch color, lining color, shape of tip, # of keepers and size), paypal payment, get email showing tracking number, then package arrives. Never dissatisfied. 20 emails?? No wonder it took two months, ha!

His wife is very close to having their first child (if hasn't already in the past week) so he has some reasonable distractions in his life right now.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Nokie. Appreciate it.

aardvarkbark , then you have a great deal of experience with Peter and his straps J. I have just this one (for now), but find it to be excellent quality and Peter to be a great guy so I am really satisfied with my purchase. Twenty mails do seems like a lot J, but hey, we first agreed on specs, then I ordered Omega buckle as well, than payment confirmations and then the delay I mentioned in thread. Hehe, all in all, exactly nineteen e-mails during two months. Did not know Peter is waiting a child, I thought (from his emails) that he is an older guy :)
    Cheers,
    Last edited by ZORD; March 17th, 2014 at 09:22.

Thread Information