WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

A good strap makes a decent watch great

4K views 37 replies 27 participants last post by  Smith.bryce77 
#1 ·
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Watch Analog watch Wrist Watch accessory Fashion accessory

See less See more
#12 ·
I agree that a properly matched strap completes the whole watch package. The majority of my watches are on custom leather straps. I highly recommend Gunny Straps. I love the two custom straps I have from him. Easy to work with him. I've also bought a few straps from some strap makers on Etsy. They were also great for the price.

#14 ·
Agree, hence why sometimes when I get an itch for a new watch, I get straps instead and enjoy my current watch collection even more.

#16 · (Edited)
Nice straps, good suggestions! Here's my Sinn 104, which comes with a great stock strap, and the Trainmaster Sixty Seconds, pictured in the OP, with the black genuine croc strap that it came with. The stock strap is luxurious but too conservative for my taste. The Trainmaster is much more desirable to wear now.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

#30 ·
I see lots of great watches on great straps in this thread but I don't see any examples of "decent" watches made great with their straps. I mean, when you're starting with a fantastic Ball piece or an Omega Speedmaster or that cool Sinn or a Rolex anything, that's way beyond "decent" in my opinion.

Anyone have an example of a humble Citizen or Timex or something actually "decent" that gets a killer strap upgrade?

#33 ·
Anyone have an example of a humble Citizen or Timex or something actually "decent" that gets a killer strap upgrade?
All of my watches that I like are Timex, and I put stainless steel mesh on all of them that I plan to keep.
I don't like taking photos so you'll have to use your imagination.
I think the mesh is a huge improvement though it may look plain.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.