Green Military At Office?

Thread: Green Military At Office?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Green Military At Office?

Just bought a Citizen military style watch that came with an olive green nylon strap. My plan was to swap the strap for a leather one since I want to wear it to work in a "suit and tie" environment. But after eyeballing the strap in person, it is of such high quality that I may want to keep it. Would wearing such a watch/strap in my type of office setting be an unforgivable faux pa, or just acceptable style?

Re: Green Military At Office?

I think we would need a pic here....

But if the strap is good enough for you to consider keeping it, I don't think it would be such a crime to wear it to work, even with your current dress code. Btw: i don't know about the US, but 'military' is very 'in' this year in Europe... you might end up starting a trend

Banned

I think you should wear it, but well I am a bit different I suppose. I use to wear my Tutima Fliegerchronograph on a leather Bund strap with cufflinks

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by montrepassion View Post
    I use to wear my Tutima Fliegerchronograph on a leather Bund strap with cufflinks
    I see nothing wrong with that

I had one of those green straps on the citizen military watch you are talking about. i would wear it everywhere i went even to church. I eventually wore the strap out and now i have bond zulu that I wear everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by wxman View Post
    Would wearing such a watch/strap in my type of office setting be an unforgivable faux pa, or just acceptable style?
    If you can wear anything other than a true dress watch in your office, you can wear any strap you want with it imho. If they're already frowning over your choice of a military watch (ie non dress) watch, the strap won't be the problem ;)

Wink Re: Green Military At Office?

[quote=wxman;1522719]Just bought a Citizen military style watch that came with an olive green nylon strap. My plan was to swap the strap for a leather one since I want to wear it to work in a "suit and tie" environment. But after eyeballing the strap in person, it is of such high quality that I may want to keep it. Would wearing such a watch/strap in my type of office setting be an unforgivable faux pa, or just acceptable style?[/quot
    I say if you like it then you should have it on...

hey man, go for it, as far as i concern, there are two ways out this,
    i) go find a more "dressier" watch,
    ii) go ''military'' all the way,

good luck! Happy holidays!

Quote Originally Posted by montrepassion View Post
    I think you should wear it, but well I am a bit different I suppose. I use to wear my Tutima Fliegerchronograph on a leather Bund strap with cufflinks

Gorgeous watch!

Go for it. A former Ph.D. mathematics professor of mine who always wore a suit and tie always wore a watch with an OD nylon strap, and no, he wasn't ex-military. If you're good at what you do, you'll be given some leeway in the watch strap you choose to wear.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information