Help with Marina Militare straps

Thread: Help with Marina Militare straps

Help with Marina Militare straps

I've fallen out of love with some of my Marina Militares lately and I think that some new straps would help. I've got some ideas, but I'd like to know what you guys think!

First up is the 45mm PVD Radiomir.

I thought the BOB carbon fiber strap was a good idea, but it's not. It's gotten almost no wristtime since I received it 3 months ago. A recent wristshot has made me keep it since it looks good with a suit, but I think that I need a dressier strap to get me to wear it again. Which brings us to...

The BOB 26/22 black ostrichgrain and sharkskin. I'd prefer real ostrich, but apart from actually having one custom made no one seems to sell ostrich in 26mm. I think one of these would look great though, and at 22 the Pre-V buckle won't overpower the case (which is why 26/26s don't work so well on radiomirs, imho).

Next up is my 44mm destro titanium Luminor:

The custom Fatboy strap had a good run, but at 8mm thickness it's more of a punkrock statement (it just misses spikes) than a strap that can be worn in decent company. I absolutely love the TedSU kevlar divestraps:

Except... they're also way too expensive, they cost more than the watch. Luckily, it was previously posted here that Maratec has an interesting set of kevlar-look divestraps up for sale for $20 each.

With a toss up between red for a daring streak of colour or black to keep everything neutral. White would clash too much with the greenish lume colour and yellow would just clash, I think.

I would love to hear what you think of these and of course any of your other suggestions. I'm pretty much open for anything, any colour, any idea

Re: Help with Marina Militare straps

How do you guys/girls know what strap will fit your watch, thickness length width? because these look nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ABEX View Post
    How do you guys/girls know what strap will fit your watch, thickness length width? because these look nice.
    Just measure the distance between the lugs.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by outstretchedhands View Post
    Just measure the distance between the lugs.
    Sure Sir, thank you for your reply.

At $20 a pop, just buy a black-stitch and a red-stitch and try each one out for a couple of days. Whichever one wins stays and the other one... well, you'll just have to buy a new watch for it lol

Or if you don't think changing straps on a Radiomir is as much of a pain as I think it is, just swap them out as the mood strikes. You'll still have spent less for straps than you did for the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by SquishyPanda View Post
    well, you'll just have to buy a new watch for it lol
    Sadly, knowing myself, this is exactly what is going to happen

Thanks Squish!

After seeing this thread and just bought one of those straps. Went for a 22mm with red stitching for my Victorinox. Cant wait!

PVD watch try a Tan strap and PVD buckle.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

Thread Information