help me find alligator straps for bulgari and cartier

Thread: help me find alligator straps for bulgari and cartier

help me find alligator straps for bulgari and cartier

Hi guys i have been frantically and desperately looking for straps for my bulgari assioma 44mm watch and my cartier tank francaise watch. i want a black alligator for my bulgari and a brown/tan one for my cartier. if anyone can help me out id really appreciate it. thanks

Re: help me find alligator straps for bulgari and cartier

Try a search for ABP France they hand make straps that are expensive but you can choose what part of the croc you like also have a look at Ostrich Knee.

John

thank you John ive looked at those too i think i am going with AP bands i had one custom made, wasnt cheap but they had what i was looking for. also thinking of getting a Alp strap for my bell and ross

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Is ABP France the only strap make that does good quality custom alligator or crocodile?
    Current Status:
    IWC 3717-01
    Breitling Emergency E56121.1
    Stowa Fliegeur (Airman) non-logo COSC
    G-Shock Frogman Brazilian Addict GW-200cf-7jf

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Hi guys i have been frantically and desperately looking for straps for my bulgari assioma 44mm watch and my cartier tank francaise watch. i want a black alligator for my bulgari and a brown/tan one for my cartier. if anyone can help me out id really appreciate it. thanks
    Probably a little late in the day but re. the Cartier, go to a Cartier Center that has a direct connection with Cartier International for whatever country you live in. Many people aren't aware but some of the Cartier centers have old stock of some of the odd strap sizes from 15mm, to 20mm and Cartier International will custom make any strap that is out of stock if you're willing to wait the 6 months. The cost of them specially manufacturing the strap is often not more than $100 on what the strap would normally cost. Cartier straps usually run around $150 for lizard to $250 for alligator and that is NOT expensive when compared with other brand label straps like Breitling for instance that charge $450.
    Either way Cartier leather is world famous. In fact they made their name in leather in the 19thC before they made their name in fine jewellry. Cartier branded watch straps use the finest leather money can buy. Baume and Mercier, Breitling, Longines, Patek customers have been known to exchange their branded leather straps for Cartier ones but you never will find a B&M, Longines, Patek strap on a Cartier. That's like putting a Ford engine in a Rolls Royce. If you have a Cartier watch it must have Cartier strap or you devalue the watch. That's how important the leather band is on the Cartier watch.
    Last edited by canipus; September 8th, 2008 at 20:36.

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanFreak View Post
    Is ABP France the only strap make that does good quality custom alligator or crocodile?

I just learned about ABP; their straps are heartbreakingly beautiful.

http://www.abp-paris.com/watchbands_...hp?rid=7&cid=1

Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by canipus View Post
    If you have a Cartier watch it must have Cartier strap or you devalue the watch. That's how important the leather band is on the Cartier watch.
    A Cartier branded strap does not necessarily mean it is made by Cartier in house, I know for a fact some are out soarced under contract to Cartier.

You devalue a watch when you come to sell it if it is not with the genuine Branded strap or more so if it is not in decent condition, I know many people who will remove the branded strap as soon as a watch is bought, put on a similar looking lower priced alternative and keep the Branded strap in the box in prestine condition.

Thread Information