Help me to Know the Best Affordable Strap Brands
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Help me to Know the Best Affordable Strap Brands

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help me to Know the Best Affordable Strap Brands

Hello guys!

I'm pretty confortable with my actual SOTC and I think I'm ready to step up into the hobby.
    I have 5 watches and I use only the original straps...So, I realize I need to buy some "clothes" to my watches !!

But please, realize I have an affordable collection... each watch varies between 150 to 350 dollars.

The confortable prices I would like to pay for an extra strap is about 30 dollars... but hey, if there is great options a little above this I would be willing to make an effort.

The straps I'm interested in is two pieces nylon straps, canvas and all kind of leather strap.
    ps: Yes... I don't like natos

Just for reccord... maybe you guys could suggest some specific strap too... my SOTC is:

Hamilton khaki field mechanical (in black dial, with the date)
    Tisell Explorer
    Roamer Rotodate (black dial, homage of the Omega AT)
    Reef Tiger Perpectual II (white dial, homage of the date just)
    Orient Ray II (black dial)

So, what are the best bang for the buck strap brands out there?

Thanks a lot!

Re: Help me to Know the Best Affordable Strap Brands

As far as leather straps go, it's hard to find decent ones in your price range. I'm not going to say it's impossible, but the vast majority of the ones you'll find at that price point are very much inferior to the ones you'll find at around the $90 price point and above. The reason is the price of full grain leather coupled with good craftsmanship doesn't mesh well with low prices. The budget you have given generally gets you mass produced bonded leather products often with non-leather backings. I have many watches within the price range of your watches, and if I like the watch, but don't particularly like the strap or bracelet it came with, I don't mind putting a $100 strap on it.

As far as canvas straps go, I haven't played that field much, but I think you're much more likely to find a decent one within your budget. If you like rubber straps, there's all sorts of good options around your budget.
    tpacavalcante likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dfwcowboy View Post
    As far as leather straps go, it's hard to find decent ones in your price range. I'm not going to say it's impossible, but the vast majority of the ones you'll find at that price point are very much inferior to the ones you'll find at around the $90 price point and above. The reason is the price of full grain leather coupled with good craftsmanship doesn't mesh well with low prices. The budget you have given generally gets you mass produced bonded leather products often with non-leather backings. I have many watches within the price range of your watches, and if I like the watch, but don't particularly like the strap or bracelet it came with, I don't mind putting a $100 strap on it.

As far as canvas straps go, I haven't played that field much, but I think you're much more likely to find a decent one within your budget. If you like rubber straps, there's all sorts of good options around your budget.
    Thanks man!

Can you tell me some brands to look for? Even the ones with $ 90 leather straps.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ive been very happy with collareb as a brand that does good quality leather straps. Alternatively perlon straps from Eulit are fantastic for summer. The watch Steward does some lovely elastic straps as well, which for me do wonders on a diver.

Sent from my rotary phone using Crapatalk

The first brand that comes to mind is Barton. The best thing about their products is that the quality, while not on par with $100 straps, is consistent and good. Good deals on a variety of strap types for under $30.

Quote Originally Posted by tpacavalcante View Post
    Thanks man!

Can you tell me some brands to look for? Even the ones with $ 90 leather straps.
    The one I linked to above is excellent. I like looking to Etsy because you'll find one person operations that offer a level of service you won't get with a mass produced strap. Things like custom length, stitching, and buckle options are quite nice when you get it with the best full grain leather and craftsmanship that includes a lot of attention to detail. Many of these suppliers on Etsy have been reviewed here, so you can often search for reviews of their products.

There are literally 100's of pretty good leather straps on the Bay, and many of them are under $30. I have bought several good quality leather straps there for less than $30.
    Joe
    "What's time to a hog?" Junior Samples

Cincy Strap Works has high quality custom leather straps for about $50

Watchgecko also has good prices on leather, but they are best for big wrists

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look for IW Suisse on ebay. Incredible value in their straps.

Quote Originally Posted by LA-TokyoGMT View Post
    Look for IW Suisse on ebay. Incredible value in their straps.
    Looks great! But there is some sellers and a lot of options to buyt it from ebay... do you know any reliable seller or website to buy it?

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information