Help needed

Thread: Help needed

Help needed

I'm anxiously awaiting my MM Ti from Roling, and have been perusing this forum for straps to complement.

The major caveat is that I have a 9" wrist. This is good in the respect that I can 'pull off' a larger watch and strap, but I have not seen many for sale in the forums that would fit.

Finally, what is the preferred buckle? I have seen "pre-v" and "thumbnail" banded around. Is a "sewn in" preferred to a "screw in"?

Thanks in advance,
    Anthony

Re: Help needed

i prefer the springbar paneristi style thumbnails , less bulky the pre-v less chance of banging it around. the curced pre-v look ok but there are just to big for my watches.

with screw in i would just be afraid it would unscrew itself with the motions of the strap, i think that is why they use tubes at the lugs to avoid that.(i might be wrong)

cory
    hamilton khaki Field Auto Chrono-black
    Marathon GSAR
    Tag Kirium Quartz
    Seiko PMMM Mod
    PAM Hommage

I suppose the preferred buckle is the style you like best.

Both of the 24mm straps that I have for homage are Pre-V, curved, and very thick. I only have a 7.25-inch wrist and think I can pull it off. With your 9-inch wrists, even better. If you prefer a more standard looking buckle, go for the thumbnail.

monticore is correct on the tubes. The tubes allow the strap to move on the screws without loosening them.

Lastly, there are many very talented strapmakers here on the forum. Just look at some of the threads here to see their very impressive creations. If you see one you like, you can contact them about making a strap in the length that works best for you.

Edit:

And personally, I prefer the screws and tubes and screw-in buckle. That's just me, and many folks here use spring bars to attach their straps and buckles, and they work fine. There are even spring bars that look like screws for attaching the straps to the watch, which is great if you want to quickly and easily change your straps.
    Last edited by gpjoe; January 16th, 2009 at 01:34.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Screwins are OK but once the threads are stripped there f******,rendering the buckle as useless as Square wheels. Sewins are good, but that is it for the life of the strap, no swapping buckles as most like to do, spring pins, if they get bent lost damaged? are EASY to replace cheaply, so as long as you have Pins ?? your back in business right away, no f******** around.

ARDS are cool, but can look a tad effeminite on some straps, especially with your girly wrists..
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

Shane, PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by ranestorm View Post
    Shane, PM sent
    Replied to Big man.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

Finally, what is the preferred buckle? I have seen "pre-v" and "thumbnail" banded around. Is a "sewn in" preferred to a "screw in"?
    As said before, sewn in is sewn directly into the strap - it's in for life. Screw in uses a screw (similar to the one in the lugs of your MM watch) and then there's the last type which uses regular springbars. Springbars are easier, though I slightly prefer the look of the screw.

It's kinda hard to match Ti buckles, there are a few stores that sell them like Strap Culture, but you might get away with a brushed stainless steel one depending on the tint of the case. I have a brushed one on mine and it works pretty well.

Thanks to all that replied. The watch arrived yesterday, and I am delighted with it. After reading your comments (and some searching on the other forums at WUS), I went with a Shane Delaurian strap - can't wait to get that bad boy on this timepiece!

Thanks to all that replied. The watch arrived yesterday, and I am delighted with it. After reading your comments (and some searching on the other forums at WUS), I went with a Shane Delaurian strap - can't wait to get that bad boy on this timepiece!
    Anthony my friend it's in the system, thanks again mate.

Thread Information