Help! New to strap swaps - need a strap for my new Edifice

Thread: Help! New to strap swaps - need a strap for my new Edifice

Help! New to strap swaps - need a strap for my new Edifice

I purchased a Casio Edifice EQSA500DB-1A and I believe it is coming with a metal band as well as a resin band. I would really like to get an additional leather band (with some red stitching or something maybe?).

Casio Edifice - EQSA500DB-1A Mens, Analog, Wrist, Watch

• Anything I need to know about Casio straps? I've read about lugs and proprietary vs. "normal" and I could not find an answer regarding Casio/my watch in particular.
    • Recommendations on a particular strap? I don't want to go ridiculous in cost but I would be willing to check out any options.
    • Any standardized guides on learning how to swap a strap? This is very new territory to me...

Amazon claims a 25mm band width. Guessing that I would probably be fine going with 24mm straps?

Any help would be great I've done a lot of searching on this forum and this forum led me to my decision on watch as well so thanks!
    Last edited by huskercubfan; February 10th, 2014 at 06:48.

Re: Help! New to strap swaps - need a strap for my new Edifice

Get the watch bwefore you buy a new strap. That way you'll have a much better idea of what to shop for.

Getting that bracelet off won'tbe hard - a standard springbar tool and a steady patient hand will have it off without harmin under a minute.

Then, measure the lug width for yourself.

For leather, I think black with red stitching is a sound plan. It's a sporty watch, and would suit a heavier strap I think.
    Influence is like the wind...

Re: Help! New to strap swaps - need a strap for my new Edifice

Yes, other Citizen Grand Signature models have a nice black strap with red stitching OEM, and they look very nice.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Thread Information