Help: Size does matter...

Thread: Help: Size does matter...

Help: Size does matter...

Hi,
    I have a watch which I wanted to replace its watch band. However there are so many sizes to choose from... from 16mm up to 20+ mm. I would like to know usually, which size is the most common? 18mm?

:thanks

Sponsor

Re: Help: Size does matter...

You don't need the most common size, you need the size that fit's your watch.... measure the width were the strap fits onto your watch, this is the size you need !!!!

ya... why am i asking such a stupid question. I tried asking someone...
    18 mm 20mm etc refer to the circumference of the wrist? Is it?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

There are no stupid questions! We are all here to help.

The size you're referring to (18mm, 20mm, etc) refers to the "lug width" of the watch, or the distance between the two posts that holds the band to the watch, known as the lugs.

Here's a quote from another thread, which I found to be very informative and I think answers a lot of your questions:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...85#post1550485

Quote Originally Posted by symak View Post
    I am a strap newbie too.

I hope it can help u
    Q1. What is the correct strap size I should get for my watch?
    Before you make a order, it's very important for you to get a correct & accurate data on the strap size that you need. The most simple and easiest way to get such informations can be easily measured by a "Ruler".
    1. Simply mesaure the strap end of your original leather strap with a ruler, (strap end = the strap part that connected with the watch case), drop down the mesaurment in "mm" (millimeter), and that is the strap size you need.

2. If you want to use the original buckle back on your new ordered strap, then you need to double check the buckle size in order you can use them again. Same as above, use again a ruler to check, but this time remember to check with the buckle end (buckle end = the strap part that connected with the buckle), but important is do not mesaure with the buckle, it's always better to measure with the leather strap. Then, drop down the mesaurment in "mm" (millimeter), and that is the Bukle size you need.

Above is copy from http://www.inspire-workshop.com/index.do
    -Matt

A man with one watch knows what time it is..
    A man with two watches is never quite sure.

Icic... i know lug.. So it is the width of the lug, not the circumference of the wrist?
    Someone else i asked is misleading me...
    Thanks alot for the help...

No problem!

If you think about it, or grab a ruler, you'll see 18mm would be an awfully small wrist!

The size they were probably referring to is the length, which is also measured (generally) in millimeters.

It often looks like "120/80" which refers to the length of the long side of the strap (the tail part with the holes, which is the prior number), and the short side of the strap (with the buckle and keeper, the latter number).

-Matt

A man with one watch knows what time it is..
    A man with two watches is never quite sure.

Quote Originally Posted by crew View Post
    No problem!

If you think about it, or grab a ruler, you'll see 18mm would be an awfully small wrist!

The size they were probably referring to is the length, which is also measured (generally) in millimeters.

It often looks like "120/80" which refers to the length of the long side of the strap (the tail part with the holes, which is the prior number), and the short side of the strap (with the buckle and keeper, the latter number).

Yes. that why i said, i asked a stupid question.
    18mm is just 1.8cm! :oops:
    Thanks..

Thread Information