HELP! Strap Making tools and materials

Thread: HELP! Strap Making tools and materials

Question HELP! Strap Making tools and materials

I'm looking to finally fulfill my dream hobby of making straps. As a first-timer, do any seasoned professionals
    have any advice on good leather/appropriate tools/thread I should stock up on to get started??

Thanks guys!

Re: HELP! Strap Making tools and materials

YouTube has a number of videos on how to make straps as well as the tools needed.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

The best investment to get started will be a good round knife, skiving knife, T-Square, starter set of hole punches, stitching punches, needles, contact cement (not rubber cement), divider for marking a straight line to punch your stitching holes. Tandy Leather is a great place to get started, reasonably priced tools and decent quality. eBay is also a good source for thread, tools and even leather. If you have a Tandy near your house you can buy scrap pieces of leather at a very reasonable price. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions. Best of luck with your adventure!
    Last edited by CentralTime334; February 1st, 2015 at 19:19.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by StrappedWatchCompany View Post
    The best investment to get started will be a good round knife, skiving knife, T-Square, starter set of hole punches, stitching punches, needles, contact cement (not rubber cement), divider for marking a straight line to punch your stitching holes. Tandy Leather is a great place to get started, reasonably priced tools and decent quality. eBay is also a good source for thread, tools and even leather. If you have a Tandy near your house you can buy scrap pieces of leather at a very reasonable price. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions. Best of luck with your adventure!

Listen to Shawn-He makes a nice strap
    Panerai 312 / Panerai 176 / Panerai 380 / Rolex 16600 SD /Seiko SBGA001 "Snowflake" /Omega 3573.50 "Sapphire Sandwich" /Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope /Sinn U1 / Longines Legend Diver -No Date / Anonimo D-Date./ Benarus- Bronze-Mo /Seiko 1970 Navigator Timer/Nomos Ahoi Atlantik /Oris 65 Diver / Seiko Turtle SRP777 / Zenith ​ El Primero Tri-Color/ Longines Avigation Big Eye.
    William

Quote Originally Posted by watchdaddy1 View Post
    Listen to Shawn-He makes a nice strap
    Thanks Watchdaddy! Just trying to help a brother out. Figuring out what tools you actually need is the first hurdle. You know what you want it to look like but not quite sure which tool you need to do it! I am learning new tricks everyday and having a lot of fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by StrappedWatchCompany View Post
    Thanks Watchdaddy! Just trying to help a brother out. Figuring out what tools you actually need is the first hurdle. You know what you want it to look like but not quite sure which tool you need to do it! I am learning new tricks everyday and having a lot of fun doing it.
    I agree I just purchased a strap from u from the bay
    I'm William in Surprise,Az.
    Told u we would talk again

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk
    Panerai 312 / Panerai 176 / Panerai 380 / Rolex 16600 SD /Seiko SBGA001 "Snowflake" /Omega 3573.50 "Sapphire Sandwich" /Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope /Sinn U1 / Longines Legend Diver -No Date / Anonimo D-Date./ Benarus- Bronze-Mo /Seiko 1970 Navigator Timer/Nomos Ahoi Atlantik /Oris 65 Diver / Seiko Turtle SRP777 / Zenith ​ El Primero Tri-Color/ Longines Avigation Big Eye.
    William

Thread Information