HELP - Strapcode Super Engineer II doesn't fit Alpina Seastrong

Thread: HELP - Strapcode Super Engineer II doesn't fit Alpina Seastrong

HELP - Strapcode Super Engineer II doesn't fit Alpina Seastrong

Does anybody have experience with the Alpina Seastrong 300 and aftermarket bracelets?

I bought a Strapcode Super Engineer II to wear with the Seastrong, and it doesn't fit! The straight endlink will not clear the case, and while the endlink is not especially bulky it does use fat springbars, which presumably exacerbates the problem. Included is a picture showing the clearance available and the comparative width of the end link.

It seems the springbars supplied with the watch are curved to match the curved end of the strap. See picture.

Any advice or experience you'd like to share would be gratefully received.
    Name:  IMG_20200216_133922_1581879188404.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  897.3 KBName:  IMG_20200216_134532_1581879167580.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  793.3 KBName:  IMG_20200216_133657_1581879201249.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  886.3 KB

Looks a bit tight, but my guess would be slightly thinner springbars might remedy the situation. Alternatively, even though your current Alpina bars are curved can they still fit into the bracelet link, if so might give you a bit more slack?

Re: HELP - Strapcode Super Engineer II doesn't fit Alpina Seastrong

The springbars are too thick for that watch even though they are made for the bracelet. It could probably fit with smaller spring bars but I can the watch strap will wiggle alot. Had the same problem with a Ball watch with not enough clearance.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks, guys.

I tried thinner spring bars (Seiko) and it just fit, albeit with a slight rubbing on the bottom edge of the case as the endlinks rotate. I remedied this by shaving a little metal off the underside of the endlink (center) with a Dremel and smoothing back out with fine grit wet/dry. I may need to contour it a little more to get perfect clearance. You're right - it does rattle off the wrist, but a little tension while on the wrist eliminates that.

I did try the curved ones, but the result is not quite as good.

Thanks again!

Thread Information