Hirsch Viscount + Omega Aqua Terra?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mbrossart
  • 1 Post By Fatz028

Thread: Hirsch Viscount + Omega Aqua Terra?

Hirsch Viscount + Omega Aqua Terra?

Has anyone paired an Omega Aqua Terra like the one attached with a Hirsch Viscount?

I've been looking for a water proof strap for an Aqua Terra for occasional swimming. Nothing long term and certainly not diving. I was looking at rubber straps, but people seem to be pretty pleased with both the quality and water resistance of the Hirsch Viscount. It sounds like people successfully swim and dive with this strap. While it looks like a very nice strap, I still have two concerns.
    • Accentuated contrast stitching. I've always thought that matching stitching provided a more elegant look, but now I'm not so sure. Besides, while (IMO) the AT's a pretty classy watch, it's really more sporty than elegant. I'm curious what others have to say on this topic.
    • Blue v Black. I've always considered Omega's blue face as more of a blue-black. I'm wondering how good a match the blue Viscount is for the blue Omega face or if I'd be better off with a black strap. Thoughts here appreciated as well.

If anyone has pictures of a blue Aqua Terra with a blue and a black Viscount, it'd be cool if you could post them.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Hirsch Viscount + Omega Aqua Terra?

The Viscount is the nicest strap I own, though I've never tried to swim with it. I prefer contrast stitching on daily wear watches and think it works well with dressier watches, as long as the stitching isn't too bold. It's tricky to match colors because there are so many ways to vary a color. Black is black but blue can have some other hues mixed in that keep it from matching very well. I do think the Hirsch navy blue should be fine.
    Last edited by slcbbrown; June 8th, 2016 at 15:02. Reason: Spellig

Might look at a Hirsch Robby or their Performance series, as another suggestion.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I happened across this today. It's a Hirsch Modena (versus a Viscount), but the look is similar. I think I like the accent stitching with the AT.Name:  ec6b8b9b2856b432fe914fcdd327f82e.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  18.5 KB
    DutchMongolian likes this.

I own two Viscount straps. One in navy blue and the other dark brown. Both are on my ball watches. The navy blue is on my white dialed cannonball express which accents the blued hands very well the other is on my train master moonlight special which is a black dial. I love the black and brown combo. These straps are a little stiff to break in and are still going through the break in stage, but are well worth the money. They are better then the factory straps the watches came with.
    slcbbrown likes this.

Thread Information