How do I remove this bracelet (no spring bars)?

Thread: How do I remove this bracelet (no spring bars)?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How do I remove this bracelet (no spring bars)?

I want to put a leather strap on this Zenith EP but I am not sure how to remove the bracelet. Can I use the pointed end of my spring bar tool? It fits the holes on the case. Or should I just bring it a watch maker and have them swap the strap?

Name:  IMG_1489.JPG
Views: 385
Size:  1.93 MB

Re: How do I remove this bracelet (no spring bars)?

Looks like drill though holes that have shoulderless sping bars. You just push them in with the point of the tool. If the springbar doesn't push in, then it's some other type of way they attached it.
    Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.

Name:  Dremel.png
Views: 318
Size:  148.1 KB

You know, if nothing else works.
    If you never believe in anything, you'll never be disappointed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I don't have an EP but those sure do look like drilled lugs to me. Test them by inserting the pointed end of the spring bar tool and see if the pin reacts like a spring. If so, just push down far enough to release that end of the spring bar. To do so you'll have to gently push up on the bracelet to trap the spring bar against the lug. Since the bracelet is rigid you may have to do the same to the pin on the other side to be able to wiggle it free.
    “I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.” Umberto Eco

Panerai * Rolex * Omega * Ball * AEgir * Mühle-Glashütte * Oris * Archimede * Seiko * Magrette * Padron

I tried some light pressure but they didn't want to move so I took it to my watchmaker. I guess it's tubes and solid rods.

Name:  IMG_1491.JPG
Views: 336
Size:  2.74 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Rivarama View Post
    I tried some light pressure but they didn't want to move so I took it to my watchmaker. I guess it's tubes and solid rods.

Name:  IMG_1491.JPG
Views: 336
Size:  2.74 MB
    Looks like it might be tubes with pins to me, too. I've got a Blancpain Trilogy diver with the same look. I figured it was a springbar but couldn't get it to budge. The AD showed me how it worked. If it is a tube and pin deal, it takes a fair amount of pressure the get the pin to start moving. All that holds it in there is the friction fit.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; May 14th, 2016 at 10:51.

Yeah it's definitely not something I would not want to do myself.

You could always contact Zenith and ask, yes?

I want to put a leather strap on this Zenith EP but I am not sure how to remove the bracelet. Can I use the pointed end of my spring bar tool? It fits the holes on the case. Or should I just bring it a watch maker and have them swap the strap?

Lee Rappeport

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________

PREVIOUSLY OWNED

Glycine Vacuum, Glycine Observer (2), Glycine Power reserve DLC, Rolex sub no date(1967), Rolex sub Chronometer movement, Bulova Accutron RR edition,
    Seiko Orange monster, IWC 38mm Pilot, Chronoswiss Kairos SS, Steinhart O1V, Oris BC3, Oris triple complication, Tissot Sea Star, MK II Seafighter, Seiko SNKF11, Steinhart Ocean 44, Steinhart Ocean Black GMT, Seiko SRP 777 TURTLE, Seiko SUN045 50th Anniversary Kinetic.

CURRENTLY OWN

Hamilton Barton (circa 1951), Seiko SBBN035 TUNA, Bulova Lunar Pilot with date, and a $5.00 quartz watch.....

You could always contact Zenith and ask, yes?

Lee Rappeport

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________

PREVIOUSLY OWNED

Glycine Vacuum, Glycine Observer (2), Glycine Power reserve DLC, Rolex sub no date(1967), Rolex sub Chronometer movement, Bulova Accutron RR edition,
    Seiko Orange monster, IWC 38mm Pilot, Chronoswiss Kairos SS, Steinhart O1V, Oris BC3, Oris triple complication, Tissot Sea Star, MK II Seafighter, Seiko SNKF11, Steinhart Ocean 44, Steinhart Ocean Black GMT, Seiko SRP 777 TURTLE, Seiko SUN045 50th Anniversary Kinetic.

CURRENTLY OWN

Hamilton Barton (circa 1951), Seiko SBBN035 TUNA, Bulova Lunar Pilot with date, and a $5.00 quartz watch.....

Good idea to take it to a pro. Looks a bit out of the ordinary, so you saved yourself alot of stress by letting them remove the bars for you.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information