How good, how practical and hopw waterproof is a Di-Modell Chronissimo Waterproof?

Thread: How good, how practical and hopw waterproof is a Di-Modell Chronissimo Waterproof?

How good, how practical and hopw waterproof is a Di-Modell Chronissimo Waterproof?

I have a Fortis B-42 Pilot Professional GMT Chronograph. It came on a rubber band, with butterfly clasp, which is versatile, but which gets sweaty in a hot climate and is not easily adjustable. It does however have enough stretch to fit over my flying suit and gloves when I fly the Pitts Special.

I then tried it on Hirsch Liberty leather strap, which looks pretty good and adjusts fairly well, but which I can't get wet - a problem because I like to go swimming at lunchtimes in a pool near my office, and don't want to take the watch off.

I've currently got it on a black NATO, and never take it off in the shower, pool or whatever. It is of course ideal in the sense of being waterproof, and readily adjustable, but is less ideal in a more formal, business environment.

I'm now wondering about the Di-Modell Chronissimo Waterproof leather strap, possibly teamed with a deployant clasp. Would this be really waterproof enough to wear regularly in the pool or shower? Does the waterproof nature mean it doesn't absorb sweat and get smelly like normal leathers? And how would it be in a hot, humid, semi-tropical climate?

Is the water-resistance more like putting dubbin on hiking boots - helps repel water, but not indefinitely? And what's the thing with the stated 100m WR? It's an organic material and presumably not sealed like a watch?

Would appreciate any help and advice - particularly from anyone who regularly uses this type of strap in the water.

Banned

Re: How good, how practical and hopw waterproof is a Di-Modell Chronissimo Waterproof?

I had a 22mm Chronissimo for about 3 years and wore it on my Tissot Seastar & Omega PO. It was my favorite most versatile strap. I wore it swimming, in the shower, river rafting, etc...it held up like a champ. It has a special breathable lining which makes it very comfortable in hot weather. You will love this strap, you cannot go wrong with it. It will look amazing on your Fortis. Here are a couple of pics of it on my old Seastar. I sold the strap because I don't have any more 22mm watches.

Thread Information