How to pick the right size watch band?

Thread: How to pick the right size watch band?

How to pick the right size watch band?

After an extensive search I've decided to purchase the Seiko sportura kinetic perpetual SNP055P2 pictured below, for casual wear. I have a Rolex datejust for formal wear.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A1CNTNJGSL3PCZ

A better picture of the watch (amazon picture looks grey but the watch is black)
    http://tokia-ssb.img.jugem.jp/20130211_4122640.jpg

However, I don't like the brown band and will like to get a black band for it. Amazon site specifies the width of the band to be 21mm.

so will any 21mm band fit this watch?

this is the one I have in mind

Seiko Black Genuine Textured Leather Deployment Clasp 20mm Watch Band | Total Watch Repair - 4A072JL

I chose this watch mostly for its look. Not too bold or busy and not overly simple either. I like the black dial and to my eyes the right amount of red in there to add interest. I like kinetic perpetual as I don't have to worry about keeping it wound and will never have to change the date, not even on leap years.

thanks!
    Last edited by Gilgamesh1000; December 24th, 2014 at 01:55.

Re: How to pick the right size watch band?

The black band looks like it will work fine. It looks to be just the black version of the brown contoured strap.

Generally speaking, barring integrated lugs or some sort of proprietary fitting, it's just a matter of matching lug width.
    Bernhardt F71 095--G. Gerlach Orange Otago 151--Lew & Huey White & Red Acionna 009 White & Blue Cerberus 045 Black A Dial Phantom--Getat 6497--Omax 17 jewel manual--Seiko Premier SNP091--Vostok Amphibian Cadet Komandirskie

Yes any 21MM band will indeed fit this watch as there is no special designs to the inner lugs.

Some watches use special links and such which close off your options. this one seems to be rather freely built. do keep in mind not every band will look good on it. but you can use any band in the 21MM range.

If you're going to metal you have to be a little more careful as the distance between the pin hole and the start of the watch body sometimes interferes, most every leather band has the holes right at the very end of the band however.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

A side note. if this is your first Kinetic let me know. I have a few personally. and they're a little bit of a trick to keep running right. but will last a very long time.

I'd go into detail in this post. but I don't want to risk telling you things you already know and go deeply off topic for no reason haha!

That looks like the right strap, but it has a contoured end, which is supposed to give a fitted look by eliminating the gap between the watch case and the strap. However, I found that if you have a smaller wrist, the strap end will actually pop out as the strap is quite thick at the end, and doesn't bend easily. I suggest that you check to see if this happens with the brown strap before purchasing the same design in black.
    Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060, Oyster Perpetual 114300; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT; Nomos Tangente 35; Ming 17.06.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Halios Seaforth Bronze; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P; Silver Archetype One; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by NinthSphere View Post
    The black band looks like it will work fine. It looks to be just the black version of the brown contoured strap.

Generally speaking, barring integrated lugs or some sort of proprietary fitting, it's just a matter of matching lug width.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary Paine View Post
    A side note. if this is your first Kinetic let me know. I have a few personally. and they're a little bit of a trick to keep running right. but will last a very long time.

I'd go into detail in this post. but I don't want to risk telling you things you already know and go deeply off topic for no reason haha!
    Thanks!

it is my first kinetic watch, I would love to hear anything you know as I am a complete noob to this technology (I know how it works, watched youtube)

Quote Originally Posted by mleok View Post
    That looks like the right strap, but it has a contoured end, which is supposed to give a fitted look by eliminating the gap between the watch case and the strap. However, I found that if you have a smaller wrist, the strap end will actually pop out as the strap is quite thick at the end, and doesn't bend easily. I suggest that you check to see if this happens with the brown strap before purchasing the same design in black.
    thank you so much, this is the kind of thing I would have never thought of..... I was thinking of buying the strap along with the watch , but now I will wait and see.... Much appreciated

I am having second thoughts.... Wondering whether the Arabic numerals on the bevel is a bit overwhelming. May be I can post in the seiko forum and see whether I can do a bezel mod

Thread Information