If I am on the last pinhole is the strap too big for me?

Thread: If I am on the last pinhole is the strap too big for me?

If I am on the last pinhole is the strap too big for me?

I have a couple of standard straps now where I need to use the last pinhole for a good fit. I have a 6.25" wrist which seems to greatly limit the number of straps I can wear.

On the straps where I am on the last pinhole I can see the end point and some of the lining when I look down at my watch...this bugs me. Does anyone wear their watches this way or do you get a shorter strap?

Name:  IMG_1478.JPG
Views: 473
Size:  1.62 MB

There are a couple of companies like ABP and CF that allow me to get a shorter "ladies" strap but the lead time and prices are prohibitive. Does anyone have a good source for shorter straps with a decent variety of options?

I am tempted to keep this burgundy shark because I cannot find one, even in red, in a short size. CF offers a blue shark for 3x time price of this one.

Name:  IMG_1477.JPG
Views: 491
Size:  1.93 MB
    Last edited by Rivarama; May 11th, 2016 at 01:37.

Re: If I am on the last pinhole is the strap too big for me?

I like straps little longer so that they Dont end just below my wrists, they hurt a lot when my wrists are on desk, if they wrap bit more, then there is this even feel which doesn't hurt

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk

I don't like to be on the last notch. Doesn't seem like the face balances as well on my wrist when I'm that far down on the strap.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Just eat a few extra donuts
    Do something exceptionally mediocre today

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan80 View Post
    I don't like to be on the last notch. Doesn't seem like the face balances as well on my wrist when I'm that far down on the strap.
    I don't have this problem once the strap is broken in. I have this issue with some deployant clasps though.

Using the last innermost hole is often a sign that the strap is too long. But I have a 6.25" wrist too and I also consider how much of the tail of the strap is "peeking around" and visible to me when viewing the watch face head-on. I've tried some "regular" length straps that wrap around so far that the tail end can almost touch the upper spring bar, or where the tail hangs outward so far that it gets in the way when reaching into my pocket (or catches on other items, such as desk edges or door jambs). The strap in your photo above doesn't seem to have any of those problems, and I'd probably consider it to be acceptable on one of my own watches.
    Last edited by skriefal; May 11th, 2016 at 06:40.

Depending on the watch, I can make do with a 115/75mm. I'd like to know how long 120mm/80mm straps have been marketed as "standard" size. A 200mm strap would work for me if the Lug 2 lug was <45mm which is unrealistic in this market.

As watchmakers keep making larger watches of 42mm or larger diameter, the "standard" watch length theoretically should have been adjusted down. I consider my wrist size normal falling between 6.75-7" yet my aftermarket strap options are very limited.

I like the strap to be at least 3 notches down from the shortest hole. Frankly, I usually take off the loose keeper because the strap lengths I like to buy don't warrant another keeper.

Hirsch seems to have "standard" lengths of 120/80mm. Hadley-Roma is a little more reasonable to me with a "standard" length of 115/75mm.
    But I've had good luck with other sellers like Crown & Buckle and B&R Bands. B&R Bands is awesome in that all their straps are offered in a shorter length which is a reasonable 110mm/70mm.

I don't blame you for seeing the last notch as meaning the strap is too big. To me it is. I very much dislike seeing the tail. Usually if you have a deployment buckle, you might get it to the 2nd to last notch.

I am usually on the last or second to last hole as well. As long as there is minimal overhang, most work for me and I don't notice it being too big.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

If the view bothers you, research, find and order custom shorter straps. If not, you are fine on the last hole. I too have thin wrists and I'm on the 2nd to last hole but the view of the watch is not affected.....
    "It's not about time."

I have a watch on the last hole. Doesnt bother me. But if it does get a shorter strap or a custom one with ONE hole only.
    Then you can call it The Hole in One
    follow me on: https://www.instagram.com/rohantime

Rolex
    I Omega I Breitling I Glycine I B&M ISeiko

Thread Information